Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Sports Guy said:

The Os could trade a quantity package and blow away any deal the overrated Yanks farm system can produce.

Why any of you would want the Yankees involved is beyond me.  

Yanks are interesting. Yes, the top of their system (minus Dominguez) is very suspect, but in a quantity deal, they'd be competitive. Two factors: they have a great pitching development system. every year someone comes out of nowhere throwing 98 with wicked breaking stuff. And they always have the most volume when it comes to Dominican players. Kids from the island want to play for them, so they get a lot of good $50K signings. It's a weird system, for sure, but if you're doing a volume of complex league/lo A types, the Yankees have a lot.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Because they are a big market team with an aggressive GM who's not afraid to take a big swing.  I heard the Yanks are WAY more involved in Cease than is being reported and that makes me much more optimistic of a deal getting done now that there's a big hitter involved. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os could trade a quantity package and blow away any deal the overrated Yanks farm system can produce.

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

For the reason you stated.  Competiton drives up the return.

This

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Basic negotiations. More bidders, the price goes up. 

This

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Because they are a big market team with an aggressive GM who's not afraid to take a big swing.  I heard the Yanks are WAY more involved in Cease than is being reported and that makes me much more optimistic of a deal getting done now that there's a big hitter involved. 

And this. Pretty basic concept.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Dominguez + Hampton + Lombard + Warren would be a great return imo

For sure. I just don't think the Yanks would give all that up.  I could see Dominguez OR Lombard, Hampton OR Warren and a couple of lower level lottery tickets, though. Personally, I'd steer clear of Spencer Jones. He could end up an All Star, but he has so many red flags, he could be a Joe Borchard.

24 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Jones and some pitchers?

Between this report and Jimmy late last night randomly name dropping Roman Anthony and the fact that Breslow didn't draft him....seems like damn near the whole AL East is involved now.

Elias can either get serious...or f*** around and find out. 

We FUCKIN

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

For sure. I just don't think the Yanks would give all that up.  I could see Dominguez OR Lombard, Hampton OR Warren and a couple of lower level lottery tickets, though. Personally, I'd steer clear of Spencer Jones. He could end up an All Star, but he has so many red flags, he could be a Joe Borchard.

I'm way into Roderick Arias if the Yankees are involved.

4 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I'm way into Roderick Arias if the Yankees are involved.

5. Roderick Arias
SS

Ht: 6'0" | Wt: 178 | B-T: S-R

BA Grade/Risk:60/Extreme.

Track Record: Arias was the Yankees’ top signing in the 2022 international period, garnering a $4 million bonus that was the second-highest in the class. The shortstop spent his first pro season in the Dominican Summer League, but his year was limited by injury to just 31 games. He moved stateside to the Florida Complex League in 2023 and showed flashes of potential all-star upside before a broken thumb brought his season to a close after just 27 games.

Scouting Report: In an FCL loaded with talent, Arias stood above nearly all the rest as one of the clear-cut top prospects in the league. He came by his accolades thanks to a set of eye-popping tools that could make him a fixture in the middle of the Yankees’ lineup in a few years. He has the potential to be at least an above-average hitter thanks to an outstanding feel for the strike zone and an unwillingness to chase, albeit with a slightly elevated rate of in-zone miss relative to age and level. When Arias connects, he does damage. His exit velocities and barrel rate were better than average, including a 90th percentile EV of 103.5 mph. He hit six home runs before the injury, including one off the batter’s eye against big leaguer Alek Manoah. Arias has a strong shot to stick at shortstop and got better as the year went along. He handles most anything hit his way and has the elite arm strength to erase runners on balls hit deep in the hole. Arias is an extremely athletic player who is a plus runner who glides around the basepaths, especially when he gets underway.

The Future: Arias will get his first test of full-season ball in 2024, when he will continue down a development path that could lead him to a starring role in New York. He’s got a long way to go until then, and he must stay healthy as well.

Scouting Grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 60 | Run: 55 | Fielding: 60 | Arm: 70.

The Yankees being heavily involved is great news.  Honestly, if I were an Orioles fan I’d be a sweating a little.  I know people think they are guaranteed a playoff spot because they won 101 games last year, but a rejuvenated Yankees could put that at risk.  Last year there were only seven AL teams with positive run differentials, but the lowest of those was at +75 vs. the Orioles’ +129.  All of them but the Mariners untimely made the playoffs.

Obviously the Yankees would need to make some major strides to get back in the thick of things but Soto, a couple more big additions like Cease, and some better health could quickly do that for them.  And with four AL East teams actually competing for playoff spots and only two or three realistically up for grabs, it’s very possible the Orioles could be the odd man out if they don’t make any major additions and/or experience any injury bad luck or regression.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yanks are interesting. Yes, the top of their system (minus Dominguez) is very suspect, but in a quantity deal, they'd be competitive. Two factors: they have a great pitching development system. every year someone comes out of nowhere throwing 98 with wicked breaking stuff. And they always have the most volume when it comes to Dominican players. Kids from the island want to play for them, so they get a lot of good $50K signings. It's a weird system, for sure, but if you're doing a volume of complex league/lo A types, the Yankees have a lot.

Sure if you want a bunch of lottery tickets, so be it…but considering you guys feel you should get multiple top 100 guys and at least one in the top 50, the deal the Yanks could offer isn’t close to what you are hoping for.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How are they not competition?

Because their system blows. They are a bunch of lottery tickets at most. 

You guys have poo pooed the idea of a package like Ortiz, Beavers, Povich and another prospect and act like it’s nothing…but that’s way better than what the Yanks can offer.

You guys have poo pooed the idea of a package like Ortiz, Beavers, Povich and another prospect and act like it’s nothing…but that’s way better than what the Yanks can offer.

Jasson Dominguez is a pretty good start.

you're losing credibility lol

• Like 1