Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

How many GMs think they have more than enough pitching? These teams would still like to add him, but don't want to pay out there nose with prospects.

Which is the same as saying they are out..which means the options have dwindled. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

That doesn’t make sense. This literally has nothing to do with my post. You are like 0-126 in understanding/reading comprehension today.

Sure it does. Teams never learn. They will do crazy things when they get desperate. 

I think you inverted your math and numbers. 

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major-league?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&month=0&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&players=0&startdate=&enddate=&season1=2021&season=2023

Okay Mr. Sports Guy.

There’s your list.

Have at it.   Corbin Burnes only gives you one year of control, a relatively massive prospect cost and $25 million price tag.

Alcantara…Marlins won’t trade him or Eury Perez but will potentially move Luzardo, massive injury concerns, coming off a down year

Luis Castillo…good luck.

Framber Valdez…good luck.

Woodruff might be the type of deal almost any team in baseball would make for at least two full years of control…knowing it might completely blow up in your face.  White Sox might as well sign him if nobody else will.

Pay Montgomery/Snell $150-200 million.  Haha.  They’re far behind Dylan Cease, btw.

Kershaw and Urias, ha and ha.

Bieber, well-documented…clearly on downside.  More expensive.

Peralta…see Burnes, depends what direction ownership goes with rebuild in MIL.  Especially if Cubs don’t do much more than keep Bellinger.

Musgrove or Darvish…Padres would have to give up at ASB and those are big big big contracts for pitchers that have already peaked in all likelihood.

That’s why Dylan Cease is worth a s%*# ton to roughly 15-18 teams in baseball, if you think coldly and rationally about this list.  Orioles with quite limited options financially.

(Even if FG just posted an article about Gunnar Henderson and Witt Jr. being on Hall of Fame SS tracks...Balt still needs pitching and Kimbrel is already knocking you back 5 games in the standings, lol.)

PS: Also a bit ironic looking at Rodon still holding at #10 after that awful 2023…shows just how good his 2021-22 seasons actually were.

What exactly are you asking of me?

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Its a joke. Humor. 

Soxtalk complains about everything. 

When your team wins 61 games, there's probably more than a few things to complain about.

When your team signs the biggest FA contract in MLB history, there's probably more than a few things to be content with.

• TLR 1

19 hours ago, fathom said:

Woo is worth more than Cowser

So….I was asked what I thought was fair. I used the trade calculator as a guideline for value. I know it’s not perfect but nothing is and there are guys it undervalues like Santader at 3 WAR and a $12 million salary only being worth 4.4 if a win is worth $8 million.

Hays is under control for 2 more years was worth 2.5 WAR, Urias was a GG 3 B and worth 1.8 WAR with 3 years of control, and Ortiz is the #50 prospect in baseball.

your colleague called this package our “castoffs” which is asinine. 

Cowser is worth more than Woo by 8 or 9 points. I just used that as a barometer. You have a right to feel differently. No harm no foul.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

When your team wins 61 games, there's probably more than a few things to complain about.

When your team signs the biggest FA contract in MLB history, there's probably more than a few things to be content with.

Does Jerry get brownie points for the Benintendi signing, the biggest contract in White Sox history?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os aren’t desperate. 

Yet.

They shouldn't go into next season with the current team if they want a better chance at the WS.

I think even you have agreed they should improve the starting rotation. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Which is the same as saying they are out..which means the options have dwindled. 

Doesn't mean they are out at all. They are not going to meet the current price, at least not now. But let's see what happens when something appears to be cooking. 

What exactly are you asking of me?

You don’t like Cease.

Who do you like that’s actually available?

And take a gander at Options 31-60, lol…along with the likes of Giolito, Montas, Mahle, Gibson…you will find Gilbert and Kirby to go along with Castillo of the Mariners.

How much are you willing to give up for any of those three?

Let’s see if you can make a deal with DiPoto/M’s fans…

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

There are more things to complain about and Soxtalk will find everyone one of them. 

That's the entertainment value. 

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well he should diagnose himself with a concussion judging by these posts.

Now he's a medical expert besides being an expert on all prospect/player evaluation and GM valuations of said players. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Soxtalk would be disappointed if it was Ohtani. People would complain that he is only a DH next year and the Sox have plenty of them. 

It a message board. 

I understand…. Most on the Orioles boards were unhappy when the team paid Davis over Machado and then hung on to him until the deadline. The return that was eventually agreed upon was disappointing to most. I’m not saying it will happen but it certainly could. It will be interesting…. I hope for you guys that you get what you feel is a fleecing. I just don’t want it to be from the Orioles.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

There are more things to complain about and Soxtalk will find everyone one of them. 

That's the entertainment value. 

C’mon, let’s be honest.  Jerry gives Sox fans plenty to complain about by being such a terrible owner and making such questionable decisions.  There are plenty to name in just the past few years (TLR, Grifol, Getz, etc.)

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yet.

They shouldn't go into next season with the current team if they want a better chance at the WS.

I think even you have agreed they should improve the starting rotation. 

Yea I believe that..but Elias won’t do it. It’s just not how he operates. He will go sign Ryu or someone like that for a year before he gives up more value than he feels he should for Cease or anyone else.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You don’t like Cease.

Who do you like that’s actually available?

And take a gander at Options 31-60, lol…along with the likes of Giolito, Montas, Mahle, Gibson…you will find Gilbert and Kirby to go along with Castillo of the Mariners.

How much are you willing to give up for any of those three?

Let’s see if you can make a deal with DiPoto/M’s fans…

FFS…CEASE IS MY #1 TARGET THIS OFFSEASON .

Did I say that clear enough for you to finally understand it or are you still clueless?

Yea I believe that..but Elias won’t do it. It’s just not how he operates. He will go sign Ryu or someone like that for a year before he gives up more value than he feels he should for Cease or anyone else.

Good luck keeping Ryu healthy for an entire season.