Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

21 minutes ago, almagest said:

Here we go with the "but but but we're not MLB GM's!" nonsense again. You are contributing nothing by saying this. You are just being annoying.

That said, I can absolutely tell you that Ortiz would be blocking our top prospect's position and his value at 3B or 2B is not nearly as high as at SS. We also still need to pay/play Moncada, and then Ortiz is 27 when Moncada is gone. This isn't debating prospect positioning, this is clearly evident roster construction. Some other team would likely value him higher.

27 ….boy your pulling it out of your A$$

Talk about a double standard…. Ortiz is better than any prospect in your system but Montgomery…..But he’s 26 (really 25) , But hes a glove first player, But he’s not a headliner, but your players would slot #9 or higher even though they should be rated with players with a similar grade., See what I just did ? 

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

There goes your Seattle options.

I’m not sure how much of an option they truly were but they were a hope of mine for sure and that does hurt the Os. Of course, we have no idea if the Os even wanted one of those guys.

And there goes another supposed suitor for Cease but I was told the options aren’t dwindling ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

27 ….boy your pulling it out of your A$$

Talk about a double standard…. Ortiz is better than any prospect in your system but Montgomery…..But he’s 26 (really 25) , But hes a glove first player, But he’s not a headliner, but your players would slot #9 or higher even though they should be rated with players with a similar grade., See what I just did ? 

Not a single team in baseball would want Ortiz over Schultz

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m not sure how much of an option they truly were but they were a hope of mine for sure and that does hurt the Os. Of course, we have no idea if the Os even wanted one of those guys.

And there goes another supposed suitor for Cease but I was told the options aren’t dwindling ?‍♂️

Doesn’t really add or subtract one, as it eliminates the Mariners from being an option for another team that would want Cease

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not a single team in baseball would want Ortiz over Schultz

The dude is going to be 26 at the midpoint of next season and has yet to establish himself even as a rookie.  But no, that doesn’t impact his value at all.  Look at the rookie stud prospects that get called up.  They aren’t all 26 years old in their first full season.  And which is worth more — a 22-24 year old rookie phenom or a 26 year old?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The dude is going to be 26 at the midpoint of next season and has yet to establish himself even as a rookie.  But no, that doesn’t impact his value at all.  Look at the rookie stud prospects that get called up.  They aren’t all 26 years old in their first full season.  And which is worth more — a 22-24 year old rookie phenom or a 26 year old?

The one that performs 

3 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

The one that performs 

Yeah, my assumption was both rookies playing equally well, but you already knew that.  It’s just you trying to avoid the fact that Ortiz’s age makes him less valuable.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah, my assumption was both rookies playing equally well, but you already knew that.

Is that a given? 22 year old prospects in A ball have all the luster in the world but for most the luster will dull. 

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

No way Ortiz pushes Henderson off short on a full time basis. Henderson is pretty darn good defensively and his bat/power/speed are all at least a full grade above Ortiz. I don’t care if he’s Mark Belanger, no one is that good defensively.

I don’t understand the logic here.  Henderson is an above average defensive SS, but Ortiz is even better defensively.   If Ortiz is good enough to start, he’ll be the SS IMO, and Gunnar will be the 3B.  The O’s have many options as I outlined in an earlier post.