Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

37 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I dont think Hal Steinbrenner wants to shell out 200 million for a 31 year old pitcher whose BABIP and LOB% suggest regression is coming and after they just got burned bad by Rodon.

I'm not seeing it. Hal cares about money and there's real risk there. Get your cheap 2 years for 25m for Cease, and a draft pick on top. 

Jones, Hampton, Lalane and Vivas. 

I hope so.  Montgomery back to the Rangers and Snell to any team but the Yankees and we may finally see this thing come to a resolution.

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Don’t think Dodgers or Rangers are completely out just yet.

Rangers might get a pleasant surprise on new tv deal…they’re holding their powder until finances become crystal clear.

Can’t even totally discount the Cubs.

Yeah, Heyman said he thinks the new Rangers TV deal will bring in a one time cash payment of $100 million, allowing them to bring back Montgomery.

I don’t think Hoyer wants to trade any of his prospects, much less the highly ranked ones.  I think he is cautiously building for next season and beyond.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah, Heyman said he thinks the new Rangers TV deal will bring in a one time cash payment of $100 million, allowing them to bring back Montgomery.

I don’t think Hoyer wants to trade any of his prospects, much less the highly ranked ones.  I think he is cautiously building for next season and beyond.

Surprised they would cede the division to StL like that...especially with Milwaukee potentially folding.

And it's not like the Reds are going to suddenly lose all their momentum by 2024.  

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Surprised they would cede the division to StL like that...especially with Milwaukee potentially folding.

And it's not like the Reds are going to suddenly lose all their momentum by 2024.  

I think most of the Cubs acquisitions will come from more free agent signings.  They definitely have more money to spend.

12 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Looks like it’s Snell or bust if the Yankees are going to add an impact arm via free agency.

If it’s me and I’m running a team I’m taking Cease > Snell - 180 million - 4 prospects

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fathom said:

He fell out of the top 100 in the prospect ranking I saw earlier today

Fathom, our Orioles friends want to know which list had Ortiz out of the top 100. I can’t wait for the updated mlb list to come out so we can shove it in Rolle Tide’s face when he realizes Ortiz is no longer the #50 mlb prospect that he loved to reference in every post lol

7 hours ago, fathom said:

I just don’t think they’re going for it this year, which makes acquiring Cease less of a priority.  Yankees and Orioles battle it appears.

Stearns is taking a year to slow things down and let the farm build up so they work towards becoming the New York Dodgers.

Brain can’t even comprehend what this Stroman tweet from Morosi could mean.  If real, does it take them out of the TOR starter market?  If a purposeful leak, are they trying to create leverage with us or Snell?  It’s going to be a very interesting couple of days!

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Couple of ways to look at this, not sure what’s going on:

- Yanks don’t want to pay the money or prospects for Snell/Cease

- Yanks can still add Cease to go with Stroman, as this gives them two starters for the price of Snell

- leaked interest to try and get Sox to lower asking price 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Brain can’t even comprehend what this Stroman tweet from Morosi could mean.  If real, does it take them out of the TOR starter market?  If a purposeful leak, are they trying to create leverage with us or Snell?  It’s going to be a very interesting couple of days!

Could be the Yankees negotiating to scare the Sox. The way this offseason has gone, I don’t think anyone really knows who’s talking to who. There’s too many conflicting reports out there.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Stroman is a really solid pitcher, but the Yankees lack a #2 behind Cole and that really isn’t Marcus.  Plus it seems like half the world hates Stroman so my guess is he is not a great clubhouse guy.

I was about to say, Stroman doesn’t fill the TOR void.  Solid, but not a 1 or 2. 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If the Yankees do sign Stroman, am I right that their rotation sets up as:

Cole
Stroman
Rodon
Nestor Cortes
Clarke Schmidt (no really, THE Clarke Schmidt).

Seems like a pretty "Rick Hahn" rotation to me?

It’s not a bad rotation if Rodon regains his 2022 form but asking for that is a far far bigger maybe than Cease regaining his 2022 form.