Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Of course it’s a laughable proposal….as was the other proposal.  It was a joke/sarcasm.

I’m not saying it will happen but Mayo and Cowser seems to be closer to reality than your trade proposal.  The media has been saying 2 top prospects and 2 lesser prospects.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Zero reason to panic until the Orioles & Yankees actually add starters.

Somehow I doubt Boras is panicking, holding Snell Montgomery Cease Robert...Stroman too?  

He already knows neither of the Sox players will even get legitimate extension offers, so anywhere that those guys will get more national games and playoff exposure now works for him.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m not saying it will happen but Mayo and Cowser seems to be closer to reality than your trade proposal.  The media has been saying 2 top prospects and 2 lesser prospects.

Mayo and Cowser has zero basis for reality. The media can say what they want. Getz is free to ask for what he wants.  But Elias wouldn’t consider that trade, so it doesn’t matter.

You guys can keep hoping for it but Cease is not fetching 2 guys that some lists will have in the top 20.  That just isn’t happening. You don’t like people from other teams telling you that but you not liking it doesn’t make it less true.

MAYBE Boston or the Giants would do it. They have been the 2 teams I have said the whole time could go big and be desperate.  Giants keep striking out trying to sign anyone and the Red Sox don’t like being the little brother.

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

In the scenarios you are proposing, who is a high end pitching prospect from the Orioles? 

I realize you want pitching back in any trade involving Cease, but there was just an article that stated that Getz was now open to taking back the best package of prospects rather than focusing on getting pitching back.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Agreed.  Sweet name on him too.  But don’t we already know that the Orioles aren’t going to do anything in free agency?  If they do, it will be for someone cheap.

It’s not even just that…Elias is so tight lipped. No one knows what he is and isn’t doing. 

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I realize you want pitching back in any trade involving Cease, but there was just an article that stated that Getz was starting to lean to taking the best package of prospects back rather than focusing on getting pitching back.

I know. But that's also why nothing has been done yet. All apart of the negotiations. 

It's a big mistake not to get pitching but if no one offers it, he can't get it. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s not even just that…Elias is so tight lipped. No one knows what he is and isn’t doing. 

Was he also a Skull at Yale lol?

And aren't you so excited MLB.com article already predicted three WS appearances over the next six years for Balt?

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, Sports Guy said:

It will suck for Orioles fans if they don't get some type of significant upgrade in pitching. They are really close to that WS. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

There isn’t one.

Which is why nothing has been done yet and won't be for awhile. 

If he can't get what he wants, he will wait for the best package. 

13 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I love posturing

Agreed.  The biggest mistake of the offseason would be not trading Cease.  Even with a guy who has stayed healthy in the big leagues (he got the TJ surgery out of the way when he was drafted), with typical awful Sox luck, you know he would suffer some sort of devastating injury if he pitches for the Sox in the first half.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Was he also a Skull at Yale lol?

And aren't you so excited MLB.com article already predicted three WS appearances over the next six years for Balt?

Windows of contention are so fun....I sure enjoyed ours......

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Which is why nothing has been done yet and won't be for awhile. 

If he can't get what he wants, he will wait for the best package. 

And risk getting 50 cents on the dollar in the process but it’s a risk that could pay off.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yep afraid he'd accept it.

If you look at the Teoscar deal...the Ms and Jays were in a similar position to where Baltimore is heading with three of their veterans.

Nice asset to have in Santander but perhaps not at that price point.  Especially the O's with their limited payroll flexibility, betting on each stud prospect hitting the ground running and cheaply replacing the veterans.

17 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Actually, risk getting zero if he suffers a bad injury.

And let’s be honest, if the offers are underwhelming it doesn’t matter anyway. Look at what the Pirates got for Cole back in 2018. Musgrove was serviceable but the rest was garbage. Didn’t move the needle and pretty much comparable to zero at the end of the day.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

If you look at the Teoscar deal...the Ms and Jays were in a similar position to where Baltimore is heading with three of their veterans.

Nice asset to have in Santander but perhaps not at that price point.  Especially the O's with their limited payroll flexibility, betting on each stud prospect hitting the ground running and cheaply replacing the veterans.

Orioles will do something. Hard to believe their plan was to add Kimbrel and count on guys they already have while also not trading Santander. They lost Gibson and Flaherty from the playoff rotation. Plus Bautista who had a great season is out for all of 2024. That is a huge loss.

Hope is not a strategy.