Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

The only thing I can confidently say that the 2024 team will be better at than the 2023 team is the defense. Those are going to be some clean played 10-1 losses this year. It's better than throwing and kicking the ball over the field at least.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Graveman, Kelly, Grandal, Anderson, Bummer were beyond terrible.  That's 20% of the core.

And why are you just assuming that their lesser known replacements in the bullpen for 2024 will be any better?  Grandal was replaced with a 37 year old catcher in Maldonado that couldn’t defend or hit last year and that the Astros chose not to bring back.  They also added a catcher that didn’t even play last year in Stassi, so who knows what to expect from him.  They also brought in DeJong and Lopez who were backups elsewhere because they can’t hit at all.

20% of last year’s crappy core replaced by more crap is still crap.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

And why are you just assuming that their lesser known replacements in the bullpen for 2024 will be any better? 

Was going to say, they somehow managed to bring in a worse alternative to Grandal in Maldonado. I like the Stassi add though. Can't complain about that add for what they got him for.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Colson Montgomery and crew?  Montgomery is probably the only prospect the Sox have that is close to being a “sure thing” major leaguer in the Sox entire farm system.

You're right. The White Sox will lose 140 games for the next 10 years, nobody from their farm system will ever become major leaguers, and it will only get worse from there. 

Boy is it great being a baseball fan. More negative pablum, please. 

52 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Give me some of whatever it is you guys are smoking/snorting/injecting/drinking.

Only if you teach us the process of opening your head and soaking your brain in horse tranquilizer. That seems to work quite well for you. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

You're right. The White Sox will lose 140 games for the next 10 years, nobody from their farm system will ever become major leaguers, and it will only get worse from there. 

No one is saying 140. 100? Very much in the realm of possible. Even likely.

51 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don't remember any trade offer rumors for Quintana either.  I just remember KatyPerrysBootyHole getting the snub on breaking the news.  Chuck only mentioned wetbutt23.

Writers were making up mock trades for columns. I think Hahn even said afterwards that there was no movement on any front until he sat down with Epstein and said, "let's get a deal done". Epstein needed a pitcher, so he did. 

5 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

The 2024 team doesn't have to get better in 2025. That's what Colson Montgomery and crew are supposed to do. Chris Flexen isn't the long term answer. Neither is Nicky Lopez. And sure, they can blow through every pitcher they signed in the last 2 months by the end of May. But I think it will be interesting to see what Bannister and Katz can do with Soroka and Fedde. 

The whole point is to put a good defensive team out there. I believe that alone will make 2024's team better than 2023's. I also think the plan is to have competent place-holders that prospects have to beat out for those positions. I'm already breathlessly happy that we're not running Micah Johnsons or Jacob Mays out there and hyping the crap out of guys who will take 6 weeks to get their first major league hit, or play their first inning of gaffe free ball. 

This team was picked to win the Central in 22' and for the underperformance of a great many players and the injuries/illnesses of other...we sucked.  I think West Eddy and I choose to think the glass is not as empty as most here feel.  It's boring to keep up the JR is cheap daily b**** and moan.  We have a new GM with a stated objective of how he intends to proceed.  So far, I like the moves Getz has made and like that he is taking his time to find the right pieces.  Getting rid of the coaches that don't fit his plan and the hiring of Bannister, etc. are very hopeful things.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

If the last 20 years of results from this Reinsdorf-owned team gives you any hope, more power to you.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/index.shtml

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

The only thing I can confidently say that the 2024 team will be better at than the 2023 team is the defense. Those are going to be some clean played 10-1 losses this year. It's better than throwing and kicking the ball over the field at least.

Suddenly I have a feeling that they'll all forget how to play defense.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

He sucked.  Cheap JR signed  that bum to 3 years at $8 million per.

Hahn actually hit on one of his few expensive relievers.  Golf claps for Rick.

But keep pretending like there is no difference in signing a Machado or Harper and signing a Graveman.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

If the last 20 years of results from this Reinsdorf-owned team gives you any hope, more power to you.

Well, I sure hope that Hahn and KW get it right this year. 

Tell me, if the White Sox suck so horribly, and there is no way they will ever deliver any bit of joy to their fans, why do you bother? I stopped being a Bears' fan years ago, because I was tired of being angry ALL year. Then I grew up. I don't spend my days on Bears' boards telling Bears' fans how stupid and high they are for talking about next year's draft, or whatnot. 

Seriously, if you don't think some retread a-hole can run into 15 homers and the Sox could surprise, I really don't understand why any of the glum crowd does this. To even pay attention to something you're so sure will bring you misery because a team owner is intent on ruining your summer, year after year is insane, and indicative of addictive behavior. 

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Well, I sure hope that Hahn and KW get it right this year. 

Tell me, if the White Sox suck so horribly, and there is no way they will ever deliver any bit of joy to their fans, why do you bother? I stopped being a Bears' fan years ago, because I was tired of being angry ALL year. Then I grew up. I don't spend my days on Bears' boards telling Bears' fans how stupid and high they are for talking about next year's draft, or whatnot. 

Seriously, if you don't think some retread a-hole can run into 15 homers and the Sox could surprise, I really don't understand why any of the glum crowd does this. To even pay attention to something you're so sure will bring you misery because a team owner is intent on ruining your summer, year after year is insane, and indicative of addictive behavior. 

My sports teams don't effect my mood to be honest. Not since I was in my late-teens/early twenties when it seemed more important that it actually is.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

You and I just don't seem to understand how much fun talking about negatives can be.  Cheap Jerry, incompetent Getz, and know nothing Pedro are apparently interesting forum subjects to discuss 365 days per year.  For some reason...I can't get interested in who isn't going to buy WS gear or renew their tickets.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, poppysox said:

You and I just don't seem to understand how much fun talking about negatives can be.  Cheap Jerry, incompetent Getz, and know nothing Pedro are apparently interesting forum subjects to discuss 365 days per year.  For some reason...I can't get interested in who isn't going to buy WS gear or renew their tickets.  

Sports radio makes a living discussing these Sox topics.  I’m not sure why you would expect the discussion on a Sox message board to be much different.  Not everyone is super positive like you considering the past 20 years of Sox history.  If you can’t be honest about the negatives, then you are basically just sticking your head in the sand and ignoring things.

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sports radio makes a living discussing these Sox topics.  I’m not sure why you would expect the discussion on a Sox message board to be much different.  Not everyone is super positive like you considering the past 20 years of Sox history.  If you can’t be honest about the negatives, then you are basically just sticking your head in the sand and ignoring things.

I have been a fan since 1955.  This too shall pass.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Bro....there's very little in the way of positive things going on with the team right now. 

Will it eventually pass? Hopefully but who knows when that will be and when the fanbase is being pelted with nothing but bad developments, the atmosphere on message boards will reflect that.

The best way for people to start talking about things other than Cheap Jerry, incompetent Getz and know nothing Pedro is for good things to start happening. It doesn't have to be an avalanche of good things but there have to be some good things. 

If we can get this damn Cease trade and get a LH savage bat, a good pitching prospect and a very nice third piece that will go a long way to giving people something else to talk about besides negativity. 

And if we are at ST and it looks like Montgomery is a true stud, Ramos is ready to unseat Moncada, Quero is showing he is almost there and if at least a few of these pitchers we traded for last year look like they can stick in the rotation along with Schultz, I think you'll see things feel much less toxic on boards. 

The Board is simply a reflection of reality and right now reality sucks. 

We need good news and by good news I don't mean the return of a 5'6" midget with a 20 power tool. :)

Edited by SoCalChiSox

47 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

You should have learned by now to not show any positivity or optimism here. You you be shot down and ridiculed. 

Just enjoy the entertainment. 

• Like 1