Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I saw that reported as well. Absolutely absurd ask if it was ever indeed mentioned. I doubt that was ever realistic. 

It could be. I don’t think it’s worth the risk though. 

What it sounds like to me based on the various leaks, Hahn asked for a Holliday led package until it was too late and may have pivoted to the proposal that you highlighted.  Not sure if that jives with what you have heard, but Orioles fans seem to be under a similar impression.

18 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Y’all spent last offseason telling me how much the environment was going to improve after 2022 and how that would lift all boats and you don’t see how someone would think this ridiculous?

The majority of Sox fans (both everyday and the hardcore variety) realize what a joke Grifol is as a manager.  You think the players don’t see this as well?  Mr. Culture wasn’t successful on any of his promises.  No one respects the guy.  But that’s just one part of it.  Good players and winning also breeds a better environment, but the Sox don’t have any of these attributes.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

The majority of Sox fans (both everyday and the hardcore variety) realize what a joke Grifol is as a manager.  You think the players don’t see this as well?

They must have missed the AJ podcasts, Middleton, Lance Lynn, TA7 cryptic tweets, who else trashed the Sox last year?...missing a couple.

That was after a year of TLR national ridicule.

32 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

In 162 game season when you’re out of it in April, I feel like most players in that situation’s care kind of fades to some extent.

If the broadcasters, pre/post-game media couldn’t wait for the season to be over in June, imagine the players in a 90 degree game when you’re 20 games out. Of course there is professionalism involved but this is a fantasy world where a bunch of dudes are paid millions of dollars to play a game. 

• Like 1

Now imagine you’re Dylan Cease who was coming into the year ace of the staff, year prior you came in 2nd for Cy young in an LONG 81-81 season, 2023 have been struggling with your mechanics all year, the clubhouse is a complete joke, the entire organization is being dragged about everything and anything, Giolito, Lance Lynn, ReyLo Graveman have all been traded, it’s deadline day your team is 25 games under, your name was being thrown around all day to be traded to a contending baseball team, your hyped ready to go only to stay with your dog crap team. Next day you face the Rangers, he looked like he had no intention of trying to pitch and It’s no surprise his August stunk, the fact that he turned it on come September tells you what you need to know about him. He’s gonna be a Cy Young candidate wherever he gets dealt. The price should be high, Chris Getz should not budge.

Edited by Rey21
  • Like 2
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What it sounds like to me based on the various leaks, Hahn asked for a Holliday led package until it was too late and may have pivoted to the proposal that you highlighted.  Not sure if that jives with what you have heard, but Orioles fans seem to be under a similar impression.

Asking for Holliday was a complete and total waste of time. I’d like to think they weren’t even wasting everyone’s time with that ask. 

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

No thanks but I would love to add Kopech to put him in the pen.

There is something funny about you mentioning adding Kopech to the deal, only to add him to the pen.

He was a can't miss, future ace. He's literally a warning sign that prospects bust, no matter what tools they have and he had major league success when they tried to stretch him out as a long reliever + flashed it in a few starts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Quin said:

There is something funny about you mentioning adding Kopech to the deal, only to add him to the pen.

He was a can't miss, future ace. He's literally a warning sign that prospects bust, no matter what tools they have and he had major league success when they tried to stretch him out as a long reliever + flashed it in a few starts.

No one has ever said prospects can’t miss. 

But just because they can miss, doesn’t mean I want to trade the elite ones and I certainly don’t want to move them for the players that are reportedly available.

• TLR 2

Perhaps @Frobby or @Sports Guy can explain this to us....or maybe I'm reading too much into it, but on their board there's a cryptic post by someone called Husker Guy who people seem to think is some kind of associate/has some relationship with Cade Povich and the way I'm reading it suggests something is about to go down?

If we can get some version of this package done that we've been talking about with Povich as the third piece it would be so awesome. It would mean Getz convinced JR that we've gotten a sufficient amount of SP prospects where we feel ok and it's ok to get some savages too. 

By contrast, if it's a trade for Burnes or whatever using Santander and Povich it will be soul crushing. 

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Perhaps @Frobby or @Sports Guy can explain this to us....or maybe I'm reading too much into it, but on their board there's a cryptic post by someone called Husker Guy who people seem to think is some kind of associate/has some relationship with Cade Povich and the way I'm reading it suggests something is about to go down?

If we can get some version of this package done that we've been talking about with Povich as the third piece it would be so awesome. It would mean Getz convinced JR that we've gotten a sufficient amount of SP prospects where we feel ok and it's ok to get some savages too. 

By contrast, if it's a trade for Burnes or whatever using Santander and Povich it will be soul crushing. 

Read nothing into it.

He claims he knows some people within the Povich camp…and he may. Povich went to Nebraska and clearly that guy is a Nebraska fan unless he’s lying about that, which would be a really odd thing to lie about.

I honestly don’t doubt that he knows people because well, it’s Nebraska.  Not like it’s some booming metropolis. 

That said, unless he’s hearing something from the Povich camp that something could be going on, yet Povich isn’t involved (which makes this unlikely imo), his words mean nothing as he has never been an “insider” or had any info to any of our knowledge.

I can’t say for 100% sure he has no info but like I said, there is no way of us knowing if he does.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Read nothing into it.

He claims he knows some people within the Povich camp…and he may. Povich went to Nebraska and clearly that guy is a Nebraska fan unless he’s lying about that, which would be a really odd thing to lie about.

I honestly don’t doubt that he knows people because well, it’s Nebraska.  Not like it’s some booming metropolis. 

That said, unless he’s hearing something from the Povich camp that something could be going on, yet Povich isn’t involved (which makes this unlikely imo), his words mean nothing as he has never been an “insider” or had any info to any of our knowledge.

I can’t say f,or 100% sure he has no info but like I said, thopinfhere is no way of us knowing if he does.

Thanks for the response. If he is from the Povich camp, and Povich is like the third piece tho then maybe he's been informed he's getting moved. 

I'm sorry but I'm just trying to find any sliver of hope/excitement at this point even if all the evidence is to the contrary. I know Elias is a hardass and I know JR is pushing a SP heavy deal, so theoretically BAL should be out, but I'm trying to will it/pray it into existence anyway IDGAF.

I dont care what the team wants, I know what I want and I really really want it to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

What post are you referring to?

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Thanks for the response. If he is from the Povich camp, and Povich is like the third piece tho then maybe he's been informed he's getting moved. 

I'm sorry but I'm just trying to find any sliver of hope/excitement at this point even if all the evidence is to the contrary. I know Elias is a hardass and I know JR is pushing a SP heavy deal, so theoretically BAL should be out, but I'm trying to will it/pray it into existence anyway IDGAF.

I dont care what the team wants, I know what I want and I really really want it to happen. 

If you notice, one of his posts mentioned “eating crow”.

Povich is a guy that some have talked about in trades on our board. He came on the site about a month ago or so and told us that everyone was going to eat crow because there was “no chance” Povich would be traded and that the Os told him and his people that.

So that’s why I wouldn’t read anything into it. He’s saying Povich isn’t going to be traded yet he is hinting that he knows something is going on.  Doesn’t make any sense unless he just knows someone in the know but again, we have no idea if that’s true or not.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If you notice, one of his posts mentioned “eating crow”.

Povich is a guy that some have talked about in trades on our board. He came on the site about a month ago or so and told us that everyone was going to eat crow because there was “no chance” Povich would be traded and that the Os told him and his people that.

So that’s why I wouldn’t read anything into it. He’s saying Povich isn’t going to be traded yet he is hinting that he knows something is going on.  Doesn’t make any sense unless he just knows someone in the know but again, we have no idea if that’s true or not.

Ahh I see....yeah if Povich isn't in the package it doesn't make sense for his people to be told otherwise what would be in the package. 

I have a hard time seeing Getz accept a package without Povich tho, unless it's like Hall and I don't see BAL moving him.

8 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Ahh I see....yeah if Povich isn't in the package it doesn't make sense for his people to be told otherwise what would be in the package. 

I have a hard time seeing Getz accept a package without Povich tho, unless it's like Hall and I don't see BAL moving him.

Personally, I’d be surprised if Hall, Povich or McDermott are moved. (Not saying I agree just that it would surprise me)

The thing is though, the Os have a lot more pitching than people think. BA just had an article out and they ranked the Os pitching 3rd in all of the minors in terms of stuff+. (I believe they were first in the AL and they just drafted a bunch of pitchers and they didn’t even play last year)  So, teams could be interested in arms that you may not know, like a Trace Bright, who has got stuff and a nice upside. 

The Os are also starting to bear some fruit from their Intl drafts. They did nothing international wise for years but under Elias, it’s starting to boom and they have some really talented kids.

One of them is Luis DeLeon and I would trade any of the pitchers mentioned before I would deal him. His upside is huge. He’s obviously further away than the other guys but if he stays healthy this year and continues to develop the way the Os are developing pitchers, I think he’s easily in the top 100 by the end of the year.

Edited by Sports Guy

A guy I have wondered if he would be in this deal is Tyler Wells.

Wells has been a solid starter for us. He has a lot of control and keeps you in games. The problem is, thus far in his career, he has worn down once he gets to 100 innings. It doesn’t make sense because he’s a big guy but it has happened nonetheless.

He also isn’t “young” but he is cheap and under control for a while and he has shown he can be a weapon out of the pen.

He may not be the “sexy name” you guys are hoping for or have the upside of other guys but as a second or third piece, if pitching has to come back, I could see it happen.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Personally, I’d be surprised if Hall, Povich or McDermott are moved. (Not saying I agree just that it would surprise me)

The thing is though, the Os have a lot more pitching than people think. BA just had an article out and they ranked the Os pitching 3rd in all of the minors in terms of stuff+. (I believe they were first in the AL and they just drafted a bunch of pitchers and they didn’t even play last year)  So, teams could be interested in arms that you may not know, like a Trace Bright, who has got stuff and a nice upside. 

The Os are also starting to bear some fruit from their Intl drafts. They did nothing international wise for years but under Elias, it’s starting to boom and they have some really talented kids.

One of them is Luis DeLeon and I would trade any of the pitchers mentioned before I would deal him. His upside is huge. He’s obviously further away than the other guys but if he stays healthy this year and continues to develop the way the Os are developing pitchers, I think he’s easily in the top 100 by the end of the year.

Ok, so it sounds like Kjerstad, Ortiz, & Povich should be an easy “yes” for you guys given the endless amount of talent you now have.  Also, don’t forget about the three first round picks you get in next year’s draft ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ok, so it sounds like Kjerstad, Ortiz, & Povich should be an easy “yes” for you guys given the endless amount of talent you now have.  Also, don’t forget about the three first round picks you get in next year’s draft ?

I don’t disagree with you but I think if Cowser/Kjerstad and Ortiz are on the table, no one is beating that and there will be no need for a third player and even if there is a need for it, we won’t have to put up a guy like Povich. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t disagree with you but I think if Cowser/Kjerstad and Ortiz are on the table, no one is beating that and there will be no need for a third player and even if there is a need for it, we won’t have to put up a guy like Povich. 

I do think a package ultimately looks like: 2 top 100 prospects, a guy in an organization’s 10-20 range, and then one in the 20-30. Something close to that.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Jimmy said it will be a 4 person package. 

Now, the bottom 2 may not be much but I doubt they will both be lottery tickets. 

IMO, the third piece will be at least a semi useful prospect. Demand is too high for it not to be.

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Jimmy said it will be a 4 person package. 

Now, the bottom 2 may not be much but I doubt they will both be lottery tickets. 

IMO, the third piece will be at least a semi useful prospect. Demand is too high for it not to be.

I don’t know Jimmy and have no idea if he’s right or not but I will be shocked if it’s 4 players, if 1 is a top 40 guy and another is a top 75 guy. 

Now, maybe Kopech or something else will also be coming back and that increases the return but I see no way they get all of that Unless the other 2 pieces are organizational filled that Elias needs off of MiL rosters for other players but I would be surprised if it’s anyone of any significance.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t know Jimmy and have no idea if he’s right or not but I will be shocked if it’s 4 players, if 1 is a top 40 guy and another is a top 75 guy. 

Now, maybe Kopech or something else will also be coming back and that increases the return but I see no way they get all of that Unless the other 2 pieces are organizational filled that Elias needs off of MiL rosters for other players but I would be surprised if it’s anyone of any significance.

James Fox on Twitter. Now runs FutureSox, but has covered the Sox minor league system for a long time for FutureSox and has legitimate sources within the org.

Here, I'll throw some deals at you:

First one that I proposed early in the thread:

• Kjerstad, Bradfield, Povich, Juan Nuñez

Now, a new one:

• Cowser, Ortiz, Seth Johnson, Luis Almeyda

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Like I said, a couple guys in the 10-30 range.