Ok guys, some offers:

LAD: Cartaya, Frasso, Ronan Kopp, Hyun-Seok Jang

NYY: Jones, Lombard, Henry Lalane, Carlos Lagrange

BAL: Kjerstad, Mayo, Justin Armbruester, Jackson Baumeister

AZ: Druw Jones, Ivan Melendez, Caden Grice, BlakeWalston

Decline, decline, O’s won’t trade Mayo, and decline 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well I’m one of the few Os fans that wouldn’t extend Adley.

I would extend Gunnar and Holliday today…but I doubt they do and they lose them but those guys you can pay…because you aren’t replacing elite production. 

For whatever reason, you aren’t following my clear point and we are talking in circles, so you be happy to pay 8M for a 1.5 WAR player and I will be happy to trade that guy and pay 750k for it.

You’re not following my point that teams that don’t spend at some point don’t win titles. It’s that simple. Sure you might have a brief 3-4 year window where you have an outside shot at a title like the rays but they still haven’t broken through and that’s one rare example of an organization that has done it as well as possible while many others have failed to come anywhere close to that. So, if you’re not willing to pay up for a top starter like Yamamoto, Snell, Montgomery, etc AND you’re not willing to part with prospects for a relatively cheap starter like Cease, what exactly are you doing? Because the clock is ticking if they aren’t going to sustain a top 10 payroll in a few years.

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

Ok guys, some offers:

I really like the Jones/Domínguez, Hampton, Lombard package proposed earlier if that is indeed an option. Seems reasonable for both sides imo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You’re not following my point that teams that don’t spend at some point don’t win titles. It’s that simple. Sure you might have a brief 3-4 year window where you have an outside shot at a title like the rays but they still haven’t broken through and that’s one rare example of an organization that has done it as well as possible while many others have failed to come anywhere close to that. So, if you’re not willing to pay up for a top starter like Yamamoto, Snell, Montgomery, etc AND you’re not willing to part with prospects for a relatively cheap starter like Cease, what exactly are you doing? Because the clock is ticking if they aren’t going to sustain a top 10 payroll in a few years.

You develop your own pitching..that’s what you do. It either works or it doesn’t.

The Os have also signed guys to 1 year deals to help eat innings and it’s worked the last 2 years.

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

Ok guys, some offers:

lol. You are still trading Dylan Cease right?  

13 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

That's why these guys want to hold on to everyone except Ortiz and Cowser, who came up and struggled in his short time.  The "plan" is to have an endless stream of prospects who reach their best case scenario, don't bust, replace anyone who gets expensive, and win the AL East year in and year out. 

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You develop your own pitching..that’s what you do. It either works or it doesn’t.

The Os have also signed guys to 1 year deals to help eat innings and it’s worked the last 2 years.

Actually, I prefer the Astros model of trading for a TOR starter like Verlander once the team is ready to contend. But maybe that’s just me. Didn’t realize there was only one way to build a roster and win a title, especially the way that you described which has basically never worked.

1 minute ago, Nardiwashere said:

That's why these guys want to hold on to everyone except Ortiz and Cowser, who came up and struggled in his short time.  The "plan" is to have an endless stream of prospects who reach their best case scenario, don't bust, replace anyone who gets expensive, and win the AL East year in and year out. 

Everything you say here is wrong.  Good job.

I have a really hard time seeing the Yankees hand out another $200+M deal to Snell while paying Cole $36M a year until 2028 and Rodon just under $28M a year through 2028. I'm sure they also would like the future flexibility to pay Soto after this year as well.

Considering he wants to be on the West coast, I bet the Giants or Angels, who he has already been linked to, ends up overpaying for him.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, Nardiwashere said:

So simple!! Lol, geez. I’m done with this discussion because it’s going nowhere. Through their numerous posts, they’ve conceded that trading for a starter like Cease makes perfect sense for their situation and yet they only want to trade away the guys that look like busts or have limited ceilings. GTFO

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Gibson has worked?

Flaherty?

Better shoot higher than that.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

lol. You are still trading Dylan Cease right?  

You what hurts man?  You know what really destroys a team’s chances?  Trading Dylan Cease away.  

So you know what else needs to really hurt?  Trading prospects who haven’t performed yet and only have ceilings which remain hypothetical at this point. Ceilings Dylan Cease already lives in, cheaply, for two more years.  Holy eff does it need to hurt to equal that level of hurt.   

Taking a wild guess here…but I bet the reason we don’t have a deal yet is because Elias isn’t willing to feel that same level of hurt Getz is by losing Cease.  

Propose something that hurts you as a fan and I bet we all can come together crying about what we’re losing and simultaneously excited about what we’re getting

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

So simple!! Lol, geez. I’m done with this discussion because it’s going nowhere. Through their numerous posts, they’ve conceded that trading for a starter like Cease makes perfect sense for their situation and yet they only want to trade away the guys that look like busts or have limited ceilings. GTFO

Lol... and then when its pointed out to them, the response is "You have poor reading comprehension" or "everything you said is wrong."

If you win 100 games but need pitching, and are too cheap to sign a FA as well as too meek to make a deal for a SP (even though have redundant position player talent in the minors), it is an awful plan unless everything else goes right. 

15 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

You what hurts man?  You know what really destroys a team’s chances?  Trading Dylan Cease away.  

So you know what else needs to really hurt?  Trading prospects who haven’t performed yet and only have ceilings which remain hypothetical at this point. Ceilings Dylan Cease already lives in, cheaply, for two more years.  Holy eff does it need to hurt to equal that level of hurt.   

Taking a wild guess here…but I bet the reason we don’t have a deal yet is because Elias isn’t willing to feel that same level of hurt Getz is by losing Cease.  

Propose something that hurts you as a fan and I bet we all can come together crying about what we’re losing and simultaneously excited about what we’re getting

I’m sorry, I missed the other teams that have traded for Cease.

You all want to put this on Elias yet every single in team in baseball that is or has been interested in Cease have said thanks but no thanks.

I'm just so pleased that after all the years this forum has been active we have the arbiter of sports discussion finally onboard. He's really setting off to show his knowledge of baseball and to correct every little nuance that he deems wrong. It's a privilege really. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It does make you appreciate that Soxtalk isn't a singularity. Other boards are too. 

This is so true.  Just like people do not want to hear that their possessions such as houses do not worth as much as they think, people do not want to hear that their teams' players are not worth as much as they expect.  

• Like 1