Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I mean, I hate Md and think Baltimore sucks as a city but anyone around Chicago shouldn’t be throwing stones. 

I refer, of course, to Governor Shaefer's quip about the Eastern Shore, when he called it a shithouse. I've driven over the Bay Bridge many times. Beautiful. I'm regularly attacked by large ravens. I believe all y'all call them "mosquitoes". 

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

K. While the cosplay negotiations were tedious, we aren’t going to start just doing city flame war stuff. That’s only allowed for st louis.

There won’t be punishments, I’m just going to hide it because I’m sure there is a Reddit for that stuff you can all go to.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to make fun of Baltimore. My wife's family is from the Eastern Shore, and the governor, in 1991, referred to it with that quip. It's pretty famous there, I'm told. 

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1991/02/11/Irate-residents-deliver-outhouses-to-governor/1448666248400/

Edited by WestEddy
  • TLR 1

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Says at the end of the article of the link you posted Elijah Evans is a Chicago native.

I didn’t post it but ok. 

He may be biased, I don’t know but that’s a good site. His write ups are solid. 

Edited by Sports Guy

47 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

Any GM gets influenced by fan boards and media should be fired immediately.  

This was our prior GM’s top job priority, but he lasted just under eleven seasons.

Obsessing over, responding to, and throwing shade at White Sox fans’ social media posts, and making absurd claims with the teams he assembled like “multi-championship competitive window” and “meet me at the parade”.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to make fun of Baltimore. My wife's family is from the Eastern Shore, and the governor, in 1991, referred to it with that quip. It's pretty famous there, I'm told. 

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1991/02/11/Irate-residents-deliver-outhouses-to-governor/1448666248400/

Our governor could have used those port-a-potties for his mansion based on his prior real estate exemption filings.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Has anyone even watched highlights of Ortiz?  I couldn’t be more out on him, as he gives me terrifying Madrigal flashbacks.

Are you kidding me? The Sox would love this guy. 1 pulled fly ball, rest of them grounders to the opposite field. Literally the model hitter the Sox have been wanting. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This was our prior GM’s top job priority, but he lasted just under eleven seasons.

Obsessing over, responding to, and throwing shade at White Sox fans’ social media posts, and making absurd claims with the teams he assembled like “multi-championship competitive window” and “meet me at the parade”.

I like GMs who do not respond too much on media just because of this.  Just getting things done by setting goals and rarely deviate from what they need to do.  Krall, Elias and Chernoff have not done what media and fans think they should do so far during this off season.  All three built strong foundations for respective teams and do not seem to care for outside influences.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

It’s fine. It’s just going to lead to Caulfield bringing in a bunch of yahoo articles about demographic declines and city rankings

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

35 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I’ve harped on it all offseason but I 100% believe Hahn wanted players with high public rankings because he liked the media glaze post trade

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Are you kidding me? The Sox would love this guy. 1 pulled fly ball, rest of them grounders to the opposite field. Literally the model hitter the Sox have been wanting. 

@poppysox found his new favorite player!

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’ve harped on it all offseason but I 100% believe Hahn wanted players with high public rankings because he liked the media glaze post trade

Agreed, and he was also more than willing to trade away prospects that didn’t have big time profiles. 
It’s kind of funny in the pre rebuild years when our farm system was a laughingstock we had guys like Frankie Montas, Semien, bassit, tatis jr, etc. that have gone on to have better careers for other teams than our big time blue chippers when we were a top system. 

• Fire 1

25 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What was his max and average EV in mlb? Yes, I know small sample size but I’m still curious. Don’t care if he can hit AAA pitching if he can’t hit mlb pitching 

34 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

What was his max and average EV in mlb? Yes, I know small sample size but I’m still curious. Don’t care if he can hit AAA pitching if he can’t hit mlb pitching 

Miniscule sample size, really.  So, it’s very hard to tell what he’ll do, except assume a standard translation from AAA to the majors. 

40 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

If it was zero, it’s absolutely meaningless because it’s like 30 at bats.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic