Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

You are starting to grasp the basics of negotiating. Now let's take the next step. It could go this way but it could also change where other pitchers are taken off the market and a team gets desperate and either meets or comes much closer to the original demands than they wanted to. 

This is why the team trading the player waits.

Niw it could backfire and the team offering the best prospects pivots and acquires a different player. Now the the reading has lost leverage and gets a lesser deal. 

Any of these scenarios are possible. It is not a static process. 

Again, zero people are saying the deal should happen today. I know you enjoy putting words into my mouth but I have never said that and have said time and time again that he is playing this correctly.

I have also never said who has to change their demands more. Maybe Getz’s demands are closer to reality than Elias, Cashman or anyone else. However, Getz will 100% have to come off his initial demands. That’s a guarantee. But whether he has to drop by 10% or 40%, who knows.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The reason we happen to be on this board is that @Chicago White Sox came onto our board first and posted his thoughts about a Cease trade for a week or two.   Nobody from Miami, Cleveland and Milwaukee has done that.  

I might add that we had quite a good conversation going with @Chicago White Sox over there.  I am sorry that the conversation over here has taken some bad turns over the last week or so.   

I am bowing out of this discussion for now, though I might return if concrete reports of a pending trade appear from a credible source.  I wish the Sox all the best in their efforts to get a good return for Cease.  

Fair enough.

Everyone is simply getting frustrated.

Guaranteed that definite movement with Imanaga in the next week will lead eventually to Snell and Montgomery, but Boras FA's typically go down to the last minute.

Meaning this could drag on for weeks unless two teams are willing to meet Boras hyper aggressive price points.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep, like I said.  ? 

Only your opinion matters, Mr. Elias.

No, I respect the opinion of a lot of people here..just not you. You don’t deserve respect. You are a ? that hasn’t provided any value. You are a joke.

2 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

I was just asking. Really, How is it higher? Basallo is the only player in that deal that any Oriole fan is likely to be unhappy with. It doesn’t include 2 top 100 prospects that you guys have been beating to death here as a minimum. Most Orioles fans named Cowser as a guy they’d  be okay going in a deal. 

That would be our #5, #7, #11, and Urias. (Per MLB). That’s a lot less than you guys have been saying on here. 

Your other friend doesn’t think the current rankings are accurate and seems to think Basallo is untouchable.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

No, I respect the opinion of a lot of people here..just not you. You don’t deserve respect. You are a ? that hasn’t provided any value. You are a joke.

What value have you provided?  Oh that’s right, I forgot that you speak for your GM Elias exactly on what he will and won’t accept in a Cease trade.  You haven’t provided anything but snarky ass comments, when you know absolutely jack s%*# like everyone else.  Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The funny thing is that this Sports Guy rat and his other buddies here are reporting back to his Orioles message board trying to clown everything that is said here.  Meanwhile, I don’t see any Sox fans posting anything at his Orioles board.  This guy is a troll and should be thrown in the flaming dumpster that Getz is currently picking players from.

Buddies? Uneducated guess that’s wrong. 

Haven’t seen any Sox fans posting there. A regular participant came there before anyone of us came here. So get your facts right ….cause you’re wrong again. At least twice in this post you’ve resorted to name calling. So I’m guessing your just a little kid having a baby fit.

When I came here I was hoping for some friendly conversation and to see if there was any real info coming out from the White Sox side. Instead, it’s been a few good posters and then guys like you. 

Go ahead …. I know another temper tantrum is coming. 

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Seems like you and your friends are also trying to clown @Chicago White Sox on your board, who was nothing but polite to your troll ass here and on your board.

https://forum.orioleshangout.com/topic/50182-cease-vs-everyone-else/page/173/

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Seems like you and your friends are also trying to clown @Chicago White Sox on your board, who was nothing but polite to your troll ass here and on your board.

https://forum.orioleshangout.com/topic/50182-cease-vs-everyone-else/page/173/

I’m not clowning on him.  I mean, I think it’s absurd how much he has changed where he said he would like to see a deal but I respect his thoughts a lot and just said as much.

Hes a good dude. He’s like your opposite.

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Your other friend doesn’t think the current rankings are accurate and seems to think Basallo is untouchable.

Again we are far from friends, Your guys have argued that they aren’t accurate either when I referenced them. Basallo may be untouchable…. Only Elias knows. I believe the top 4 and the guys that gave graduated (Westburg, Henderson etc) are…. But, who knows for sure.

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Fair enough.

Everyone is simply getting frustrated.

Guaranteed that definite movement with Imanaga in the next week will lead eventually to Snell and Montgomery, but Boras FA's typically go down to the last minute.

Meaning this could drag on for weeks unless two teams are willing to meet Boras hyper aggressive price points.

And once Cease is traded to a team that has a GM with some balls for a haul, these Orioles fans will slink back to their message board quietly, still clutching to their idea that Joey Ortiz will have massive value at 26.  ?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Again, zero people are saying the deal should happen today. I know you enjoy putting words into my mouth but I have never said that and have said time and time again that he is playing this correctly.

I have also never said who has to change their demands more. Maybe Getz’s demands are closer to reality than Elias, Cashman or anyone else. However, Getz will 100% have to come off his initial demands. That’s a guarantee. But whether he has to drop by 10% or 40%, who knows.

I never put words in your mouth (ick) only responding to what you say. You said that negotiating goes. Team one goes high, team 2 goes low (which we had to discuss to get you to say) then they meet in the middle. 

Your scenario totally neglects the possibility of pressure from one or more other teams involved and changing the entire dynamic. 

This is not my putting words in your mouth it's correcting your flawed logic and scenario. 

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rolle Tide said:

Again we are far from friends, Your guys have argued that they aren’t accurate either when I referenced them. Basallo may be untouchable…. Only Elias knows. I believe the top 4 and the guys that gave graduated (Westburg, Henderson etc) are…. But, who knows for sure.

Agreed, only Elias knows.  Rinse and repeat forever.

Just now, ptatc said:

I never put words in your mouth (ick) only responding to what you say. You said that negotiating goes. Team one goes high, team 2 goes low (which we had to discuss to get you to say) then they meet in the middle. 

Your scenario whole possible totally neglects the possibility of pressure from one or more other teams involved and changing the entire dynamic. 

This is not my putting words in your mouth it's core ting your flawed logic and scenario. 

There is absolutely no chance any team meets the initial demands of Getz. Zero chance. 

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I disagree.  I don’t think Getz is going to get his initial ask (which was likely massive), and I also don’t think he wants to play with fire and watch Cease potentially get injured before the trade deadline.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

And what are Getz’s initial demands for Cease?  Do you have the list of players?  If so, please share…

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

There is absolutely no chance any team meets the initial demands of Getz. Zero chance. 

OK. If you said that, I would just say I disagree that's it's a given. It probable but until we see the final package, I'm not going to give it a zero chance. 

All it takes is one desperate GM. As someone said earlier"teams never learn. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

“I don’t think” isn’t the same as “no chance” but nice try.

You are making ultimatums.  I am not.  Just like I said that “I don’t think” Getz will hold onto Cease going into the season, without trading him.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

OK. If you said that, I would just say I disagree that's it's a given. It probable but until we see the final package, I'm not going to give it a zero chance. 

All it takes is one desperate GM. As someone said earlier"teams never learn. "

He laughed at your post.  I don’t think he agrees.  But your last sentence is so true.  Ignoring this means you think people don’t make mistakes in their lives or careers.

I can point to a James Shields trade that disproves this logic.  ?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

“I don’t think” isn’t the same as “no chance” but nice try.

You are making ultimatums.  I am not.  Just like I said that “I don’t think” Getz will hold onto Cease going into the season, without trading him.

Well outside of trading for your favorite lollipop at recess, I’m not sure you have done much negotiating.  But yea, there is no chance he gets his initial ask. That just doesn’t happen.

And outside of that, I never said I know what he initially asked for, just that he isn’t getting whatever that is but you haven’t let facts get in the way of your own ignorance yet, so why start now?

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Well outside of trading for your favorite lollipop at recess, I’m not sure you have done much negotiating.  But yea, there is no chance he gets his initial ask. That just doesn’t happen.

And outside of that, I never said I know what he initially asked for, just that he isn’t getting whatever that is but you haven’t let facts get in the way of your own ignorance yet, so why start now?

You seem to enjoy calling me names and claim to know what I have done in my life.  If you want to exchange paystubs via direct message, let me know.

42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I am bowing out of this discussion for now, though I might return if concrete reports of a pending trade appear from a credible source.  I wish the Sox all the best in their efforts to get a good return for Cease.  

I toast you and wish you well with a Natty Bo. 

13 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He laughed at your post.  I don’t think he agrees.  But your last sentence is so true.  Ignoring this means you think people don’t make mistakes in their lives or careers.

I can point to a James Shields trade that disproves this logic.  ?

He's entitled to his opinion. He can laugh all he wants. I try not to laugh at others just try to educate.

Still doesn't change the fact that nothing is 100% guaranteed or that there 0% change of anything happening. Pressures from other teams or superiors change all the dynamics. 

Edited by ptatc
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I request that we start a new thread where Sports Guy just keeps repeating that there is no chance any team meets the initial demands of Getz. 

Nobody knows what the initial demands are (or were), and nobody knows if they will be met. We most probably will never know. 

I'm really disappointed none of you Baltimore guys knew my reference to Governor Shaefer's derogatory comment about the Eastern Shore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1