Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s been a focus of mine since the beginning the offseason. I can’t imagine he’s much more than a salary dump for the WS right now but I may be off on that. Not sure how the org feels about him. 

Why would we want to dump his salary when he makes $3M?  And our staff is filled with a bunch of garbage and question marks that lack the ceiling Kopech possesses.  Unless he’s a complete clubhouse cancer, they will want to give Bannister a shot to unlock his potential.  The stuff is still really good even if it’s regressed some.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

A closer isn’t a high leverage reliever?

A closer is someone that is designated for the 9th inning(sometimes asked to get an out or 2 in the 8th inning but that’s few and far between). That may or may not be a high leverage situation. Many saves are 3 run or more leads. Thats not a higH leverage situation.

I don’t want my best reliever to be the closer. I want my best reliever(s) to pitch in all innings because a “save” doesn’t always occur in the 9th inning.

Edited by Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why would we want to dump his salary when he makes $3M?  And our staff is filled with a bunch of garbage and question marks that lack the ceiling Kopech possesses.  Unless he’s a complete clubhouse cancer, they will want to give Bannister a shot to unlock his potential.  The stuff is still really good even if it’s regressed some.

For some reason I thought I saw he was going to be making 6 million or so. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

A closer is someone that is designated for the 9th inning(sometimes asked to get an out or 2 in the 8th inning but that’s few and far between). That may or may not be a high leverage situation. Many saves are 3 run or more leads. Thats not a higH leverage situation.

I don’t want my best reliever to be the closer. I want my best reliever(s) to pitch in all innings because a “save” doesn’t always occur in the 9th inning.

No. It’s not a save situation if it’s over 3 runs.

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That is a very outdated definition of closer. 

In the modern MLB, the closer is the pitcher who comes in when the most important outs are needed. 

Edited by ptatc
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

lol.my god, do you really not know the rules of the sport?

Do you? If you come in the inning before it is but coming into a clean 9th inning up over 3 runs I thought you were referring to.

Straight up moronic to say a guy who pitches the 9th isn’t a high leverage pitcher and can’t pitch any other high leverage spot.

Just an L take yet again from O’s Hangout.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

No clue why they are still posting here. We’ve heard and discussed their 2 cents. Time to go.

I mean I don't mind if they have something new to add.

I was actually just going to check and see if there was anything new I missed reporting wise. But I looked at the last few pages and I didn't.

You can't have those prospects! What the hell are you thinking! Why can't you read! Why don't you know baseball!

Yep. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

I mean I don't mind if they have something new to add.

I was actually just going to check and see if there was anything new I missed reporting wise. But I looked at the last few pages and I didn't.

You can't have those prospects! What the hell are you thinking! Why can't you read! Why don't you know baseball!

Yep. 

They haven't added anything new in weeks lol maybe when they first started posting but now? Ehhhhh

Very weird to spend so much time on a forum for a team you aren't even a fan of. I liked the O's last year but their fans who have posted here make me want them to finish 3rd or worse (going to be hard to finish worse than Jays and BoSox I will admit).

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

They haven't added anything new in weeks lol maybe when they first started posting but now? Ehhhhh

Exactly. I just want us to sign an outfielder so we can shift to that discussion. I need my defensive stats discussion infusion before spring training starts. 

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You’re going to love seeing Kimbrel in the 8th inning then 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Do you? If you come in the inning before it is but coming into a clean 9th inning up over 3 runs I thought you were referring to.

Straight up moronic to say a guy who pitches the 9th isn’t a high leverage pitcher and can’t pitch any other high leverage spot.

Just an L take yet again from O’s Hangout.

A save is also when a pitcher comes into the game and the on deck hitter represents the tying or go ahead run. It doesn’t have to be a 3 run lead for that to be the case. It can be a 4 run lead.

If I had said that, you would be right it would be moronic. But since I didn’t say that, the only moron is yourself for a) not knowing all the rules and b) not comprehending and reading things my 6 y/o can understand.