Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

14 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

The O’s have a deeper farm and more top guys to deal would be the difference between O’s and Yanks being called prospect huggers or not.

Does that mean they should overpay or give them away? Would you feel that way if it was the White Sox?

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Yankees have also not been afraid to make a big deal with prospects.

The Yankees have the Yes network and a giant tv market. They can replace their mistakes with money. The Orioles lost their large market advantage when the baseball gods crapped the Expos into DC. I don’t have any idea what the new ownership group will spend but know they won’t sniff the Dodgers or Yankees payroll. 

53 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Jesus Christ. Cease is a loose 1, strong 2. The return for him was solid.  thread over. 

He was a number one for 1 season … he’s been a 3.91 to 4.58 ERA pitcher 4 of the last 5 years. That’s a solid #4 starter …. Stuff doesn’t matter if you can’t produce the results. He’s got 1 good year…. The return is no where near what you guys were hoping to get …. Period 

3 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

The Yankees have the Yes network and a giant tv market. They can replace their mistakes with money. The Orioles lost their large market advantage when the baseball gods crapped the Expos into DC. I don’t have any idea what the new ownership group will spend but know they won’t sniff the Dodgers or Yankees payroll. 

Cool.  Doesn't change anything,  but great story bro.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yet neither team has him.  Worthless post, it can stay where it came from.

How so? The Yankees have an interest in your ACE but aren’t willing to trade a player ranked in the 70s of the top 100. It’s telling of the injury concerns that you guys want to dismiss 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Cool.  Doesn't change anything,  but great story bro.

The Orioles can’t afford to give away prospects…The Yankees can if they choose and can fill the holes spending gobs of money in free agency. 

1 minute ago, Rolle Tide said:

He was a number one for 1 season … he’s been a 3.91 to 4.58 ERA pitcher 4 of the last 5 years. That’s a solid #4 starter …. Stuff doesn’t matter if you can’t produce the results. He’s got 1 good year…. The return is no where near what you guys were hoping to get …. Period 

lol…a solid #4.  He’d literally be your #2 starter right now.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

19 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Didn’t the Yankees make a significant trade for Juan Soto last offseason? They’re good for at least one big trade a year on average it seems so I don’t really understand your point here?

See my last post … 

6 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

How so? The Yankees have an interest in your ACE but aren’t willing to trade a player ranked in the 70s of the top 100. It’s telling of the injury concerns that you guys want to dismiss 

The Yankees aren't afraid to make big deals and the Orioles are. What they are willing to offer for Crochet doesn't change either thing.

1) Complain about America's pastime bring played in America's capital, which has historically had MLB teams, including ones that preceded the Orioles.

2) Complain about network rights when the Orioles owned the Nationals network rights and the justice system had to force them to pay the Nats $100M for abusing that power

3) Complain about this to Sox fans, of all fucking fanbases. You at least have your own city. The Sox are second rate in their city because their owner is a cheap ass in the third largest market in the country, thus constantly shedding fans.

• Like 1

The Orioles can’t afford to give away prospects…The Yankees can if they choose and can fill the holes spending gobs of money in free agency. 

Cool, so Elias is hugging his prospects.  Glad that is over.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

lol…a solid #4.  He’d literally be your #2 starter right now.

????????????? no he wouldn’t … Burnes and Rodriguez are clearly better. Suarez has a sub 3 era in 11 starts after being put in the rotation. He’d be the 4th starter if you are using results.

Also, David Rubenstein's net worth is $3.7 billion according to Forbes.

Steinbrenner's is $1.5 billion.

The Yankees obviously generate their own massive revenue — just like us — you're in no spot to cry poor with your new ownership. 

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

1) Complain about America's pastime bring played in America's capital, which has historically had MLB teams, including ones that preceded the Orioles.

2) Complain about network rights when the Orioles owned the Nationals network rights and the justice system had to force them to pay the Nats $100M for abusing that power

3) Complain about this to Sox fans, of all fucking fanbases. You at least have your own city. The Sox are second rate in their city because their owner is a cheap ass in the third largest market in the country, thus constantly shedding fans.

1) And been moved away due to lack of support. Give the Gnats enough time and they will eventually be gone too.

2) Who cares 

3) I wasn’t complaining….i feel for you guys. Baseball is no fun when you are living through what you guys are. We just got rid of a bad ownership group after decades of incompetence meddling etc. 

I was simply explaining that we don’t expect the new owners too spend. Even when they do I doubt they are big spenders. I want them to resign Burnes….bit know it’s very unlikely to pony up the dough for the first ACE we’ve had in years

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

Also, David Rubenstein's net worth is $3.7 billion according to Forbes.

Steinbrenner's is $1.5 billion.

The Yankees obviously generate their own massive revenue — just like us — you're in no spot to cry poor with your new ownership. 

I don’t expect him to invest his own money in the Orioles. I could be wrong….we will see. Hopefully he will spend the available team revenues instead of siphoning off the money like the Angelos family did.

6 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

????????????? no he wouldn’t … Burnes and Rodriguez are clearly better. Suarez has a sub 3 era in 11 starts after being put in the rotation. He’d be the 4th starter if you are using results.

Sure, if using ERA and ignoring all other factors (defense, luck, sequencing) that aren’t fully normalized yet.  Based on xERA, Cease would be your #2.  And no rational person would start Saurez over Cease…I’m stating to think you have never seen Dylan Cease actually pitch.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sure, if using ERA and ignoring all other factors (defense, luck, sequencing) that aren’t fully normalized yet.  Based on xERA, Cease would be your #2.  And no rational person would start Saurez over Cease…I’m stating to think you have never seen Dylan Cease actually pitch.

Sure I have …. You guys complained about Cease numbers due to the White Sox poor defense. He’s basically the same pitcher this year on the Padres. At some point the actual results matter. Suarez clearly doesn’t have the stuff Cease has . But, he’s producing so there’s that.

FWIW …. Fedde doesn’t either but the results look good.

Edited by Rolle Tide

17 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Sure I have …. You guys complained about Cease numbers due to the White Sox poor defense. He’s basically the same pitcher this year on the Padres. At some point the actual results matter. Suarez clearly doesn’t have the stuff Cease has . But, he’s producing so there’s that.

How is he the same pitcher as last year?  K rate up, BB rate down substantially, and his xERA is 60 points better.  He is not back in 2022 form, but he’s clearly better than he was last year.  I’d give his ERA a chance to normalize before making these comments.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Fedde would be your #2, based on results (no, I don’t trust Suarez to maintain an ERA below 3.5 by season end).

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

Posted (edited)

Need to get a KBO pitching coach. They are making excellent major league starters out of formerly extremely mediocre mlb pitchers. And that’s being generous in Suarez’s case

Edited by 4OCS

3 hours ago, Rolle Tide said:

And how many are confident in him starting a playoff game, exactly?

Burnes hasn't been the Cy Young contender version of previous years, either.

Now I just want Robert on NY LAD or Philly to put the Orioles in their place, lol.  They're no longer a small market team either...but the Padres of the East.

Finally Sox fans are starting to like local product Wolkow over Spencer Jones.  Or Dominguez.  

6 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

There’s actually quite a few in the 92 range. Not too many in the 91 range but he’s not the type of pitcher to live and die with his fastball velocity anyways.

Besides Kyle Hendricks??