Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

Fedde is perfect for the O's .

But these O's fan don't seem real concerned about winning a World Series only about not giving up future stars. After losing for so long it's nice to have one of the best teams and watch all the young talent bloom. They could be really good for the next 5 years.

But if the goal is to be World champs they have to figure out how to accomplish that.

Getting Burnes helped but only 1 year . If they don't advance very far again thats 2 years in row frittering away really good opportunities to be Champions. They don't come along often.

Sometimes just keeping the money rolling in with good team's every year is more important than a Championship. If Baltimore fans agree with that philosophy and support their FO conservatism over Championships makes no sense to argue with them.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

But these O's fan don't seem real concerned about winning a World Series only about not giving up future stars. After losing for so long it's nice to have one of the best teams and watch all the young talent bloom. They could be really good for the next 5 years.

But if the goal is to be World champs they have to figure out how to accomplish that.

Getting Burnes helped but only 1 year . If they don't advance very far again thats 2 years in row frittering away really good opportunities to be Champions. They don't come along often.

Sometimes just keeping the money rolling in with good team's every year is more important than a Championship. If Baltimore fans agree with that philosophy and support their FO conservatism over Championships makes no sense to argue with them.

I think Fedde is a good fit for the O’s because I think they could still put together a good package together without dealing someone they are relying on like Kjerstad or dealing their top prospect Holliday. Maybe one of the top tier guys like Basallo and then a couple of their secondary type prospects or maybe a bigger package of secondary type.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The Sox are proof everything can change quickly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think Fedde is a good fit for the O’s because I think they could still put together a good package together without dealing someone they are relying on like Kjerstad or dealing their top prospect Holliday. Maybe one of the top tier guys like Basallo and then a couple of their secondary type prospects or maybe a bigger package of secondary type.

I think you can get Fedde with a Norby led package pretty easily.  Norby and Beavers would be awesome.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rolle Tide said:

Whether I’d trade Ortiz for the Cease return is irrelevant. At this point you have Thorpe who is doing good as a starter and a relief pitcher that is more valuable to your team as trade bait. The two minor league guys could end up being nothing and as I mentioned are struggling at AA. It will take a while to see if they get anything more from that deal. If if he wasn’t a fit for the White Sox Ortiz already has 2+ WAR in half a season. 

It’s relevant to the question of whether Milwaukee’s return was underwhelming or not, considering my point is that you can’t expect to get another TOR starter that cheap. 

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Because you just referred to Bradfield as a 50 FV prospect on your board when proposing he be a big part of an offer for Crochet + Robert, but then ripped Zavala for struggling with the bat and implying he’s not all that valuable at the moment as a result.  Zavala is three years younger than Bradfield and has been more productive than Bradfield with the bat.  Is it fair to say Bradfield’s value is down then?

Because MLB has him as a 50. Fangraphs has his as a 45+. Not sure what the plus means. MLB also has Zavala as a 50… Fangraphs which you seem to like better has him as a 40. Surely you will downplay their grade since you don’t like it. Bradfield is hitting .270/.347/.706 with 40SB. So next year he’s at AA abd at 24 he’s at AAA. Maybe he progresses sooner.

Zavala is 19 …. So he has more time to improve. But more productive? their OBP and OPS are similar (Zavala is slighty higher)….Bradfield has 40 SBs to 10 and  60+ points in BA. 

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

What a dumb post! Fans don’t make trades! We have no more control over Elias than you all have over Getz… Probably less because Elias has no pressure on him from the media or front office. 

FYI…There are two polls at the Orioles Hangout website specifically about Fedde. Both have the majority favoring obtaining Fedde for a package proposed by one of your posters here. 

Which was FEDDE AND KOPECH FOR NORBY AND BEAVERS

5 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

What a dumb post! Fans don’t make trades! We have no more control over Elias than you all have over Getz… Probably less because Elias has no pressure on him from the media or front office. 

FYI…There are two polls at the Orioles Hangout website specifically about Fedde. Both have the majority favoring obtaining Fedde for a package proposed by one of your posters here. 

oh wow, so Fedde is worth more than Norby and Beavers?

4 hours ago, 4OCS said:

It’s relevant to the question of whether Milwaukee’s return was underwhelming or not, considering my point is that you can’t expect to get another TOR starter that cheap. 

So at the time a DL Hall and Ortiz package was pretty strong. It wasn’t a good package for the White Sox considering they were in a total rebuild. Hall was a 3+ ERA pitcher last year as a reliever. He pitched well had a 1.19 Whip 12 K/9 and 2.3 WHIP. He has the skills to be a 2 pitch leverage reliever.

If you look at his minor league stats he struggled at each stop to pitch 5 innings, has inflated Walk rates and eras. The problem IMO is control of his 3-5 pitches. He didn’t need them to be a reliever. So instead of the Brewers using him in the pen they’ve wasted time trying to make him a starter again. Look at his AAA numbers …. He has a 1.9 WHIP….10 walks in like 13 innings . 7 starts but only 13 innings. 

18 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Because MLB has him as a 50. Fangraphs has his as a 45+. Not sure what the plus means. MLB also has Zavala as a 50… Fangraphs which you seem to like better has him as a 40. Surely you will downplay their grade since you don’t like it. Bradfield is hitting .270/.347/.706 with 40SB. So next year he’s at AA abd at 24 he’s at AAA. Maybe he progresses sooner.

Zavala is 19 …. So he has more time to improve. But more productive? their OBP and OPS are similar (Zavala is slighty higher)….Bradfield has 40 SBs to 10 and  60+ points in BA. 

Yeah but you are on a White Sox board so his opinion is better than yours.

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

oh wow, so Fedde is worth more than Norby and Beavers?

I don’t know …. It was a trade suggested by @JUSTgottaBELIEVE. It was shared over there. It seems pretty reasonable to me so I shared it over there. The majority 60% or so said they do the deal. I’m guessing you wouldn’t be in favor of that deal. Surely you’d want Holliday or Basallo for a pitcher with one good season so it’s probably not worth debating.

9 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Surely you’d want Holliday or Basallo for a pitcher with one good season so it’s probably not worth debating.

Norby and Bevers is fair value IMO. I peg Fedde as commanding one top 100 and one top 150 type… I’d say both of those guys are close to those ranges.

13 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Norby and Bevers is fair value IMO. I peg Fedde as commanding one top 100 and one top 150 type… I’d say both of those guys are close to those ranges.

That sounds about right to me as well.  Maybe this is even one of those deals where they move 2-3 more lower guys with one guy like Norby at the top if there are guys who are on the fringes that the Sox like so as to help Baltimore with their numbers game, but still put together something that would beat out other teams.

40 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Give me Beavers all day over Norby.

Prefer higher ceiling left handed dude over higher floor more advanced less strike out prone righty?

2 hours ago, Rolle Tide said:

Oh did I get under your skin ? My goodness .You seems upset .I honestly thought the majority of you supported the FO and didn't care about being champions.

Of course fans don't make trades. Don't be silly everyone knows that . I have no idea what made you think I thought fans made trades. You just seemed like you were over protective over your top 5 prospects and anyone rated in the top 100 . Didn't mean to ruffle your Oriole feathers.

22 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Oh did I get under your skin ? My goodness .You seems upset .I honestly thought the majority of you supported the FO and didn't care about being champions.

Of course fans don't make trades. Don't be silly everyone knows that . I have no idea what made you think I thought fans made trades. You just seemed like you were over protective over your top 5 prospects and anyone rated in the top 100 . Didn't mean to ruffle your Oriole feathers.

Honestly…. I’m not the typical O’s fan …. On the current roster I’d trade Cowser. In addition to Mountcastle, Mateo, Urias, Hays, Santander, and Mullins. In the minors I’d be open to trading any of our prospects. I’d prefer to keep Mayo. 

Where I am similar to other Orioles fans and perhaps Elias is that I’m not willing to trade them for a guy like Crochet. It’s not that I don’t think he’s a good pitcher….in fact he’s has an amazing first half. But, I don’t think his track record and injury history are worth the risk. I think somebody might cave and get close to Getz price tag. Right now we know the Yankee said no to giving up the #75 prospect in a deal for him. So it would be reasonable to say why anyone even White Sox fans expect Elias to deal #2, #9, #15, or Kjerstad for him? It’s nice to want and I really don’t blame you guys for wanting to cash in. And honestly hope your trades are bountiful and the rebuild ends quickly. Because believe me we feel your pen going through 4-5 years of being awful. 

Edited by Rolle Tide

On 7/8/2024 at 7:07 PM, Sox72 said:

What makes this 400-page thread so much fun is that both sides know that the two teams aren’t going to be trade partners. 

I think we just invented #soxtalkmath, y'all.