Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I could see them wanting to hold onto Kjerstad and instead wanting to move one of the 1-2 year control guys (Mullins, Santander, Hays) for prospects.

That would have been a Hahn/KW special...2005 was built partially on a collection of those types all outperforming collectively.

Certainly not needed now.

Teams like Detroit, sure. If they can get a couple of starters closer to a full rotation.

Orioles have a loaded farm, get another first round pick next year for Gunnar winning the ROY, could possibly get another first round pick in 2025 (even 2026) with other guys coming up that could potentially win ROY, and when Cease eventually leaves, they can get a draft pick for him. Put your chips in!

Edited by Bob Sacamano

41 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Orioles have a loaded farm, get another first round pick next year for Gunnar winning the ROY, could possibly get another first round pick in 2025 (even 2026) with other guys coming up that could potentially win ROY, and when Cease eventually leaves, they can get a draft pick for him. Put your chips in!

The Orioles system is honestly drool worthy. You can skip their top 3 prospects and still come up with a great package for Cease 

Basallo, Mayo, Norby, Beavers, Horvah…if we could get 3 of those 5 + a young arm it’s a heck of a deal

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

The Orioles system is honestly drool worthy. You can skip their top 3 prospects and still come up with a great package for Cease 

Basallo, Mayo, Norby, Beavers, Horvah…if we could get 3 of those 5 + a young arm it’s a heck of a deal

Basallo & Mayo are top three prospects for them and worth insanely more than the other guys you mention.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Basallo & Mayo are top three prospects for them and worth insanely more than the other guys you mention.

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think he meant those two and then a third being one of those last few.

Was going by last year’s mlb pipeline(Holliday, Cowser, Kjerstad) . Do you graduate Cowser and Kjerstad as “not prospects” after a cup of coffee in the majors last year? Wouldn’t shock me if Basallo was good enough at such a young age to jump at least 1 of them tho. 

9 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Was going by last year’s mlb pipeline(Holliday, Cowser, Kjerstad) . Do you graduate Cowser and Kjerstad as “not prospects” after a cup of coffee in the majors last year? Wouldn’t shock me if Basallo was good enough at such a young age to jump at least 1 of them tho. 

No, I’d consider both Cowser and Kjerstad as prospects and damn good ones.  I just think the industry views Basallo & Mayo as better, based on what I’ve seen from certain prospect experts (including BA) and Orioles fans in general.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

f***, we may not even have a crap Braves offer now.  @Balta1701 - Looks like you were right and a Giolito return may be optimistic.

I don’t know if you are trolling or not but this seems to be a very obvious leak by the Braves to get the Sox to lower the asking price.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I don’t know if you are trolling or not but this seems to be a very obvious leak by the Braves to get the Sox to lower the asking price.

Unfortunately not.  This just isn’t the pitching market we thought it was.  With the Braves backing out now, I just don’t see who else would have interest at a price that makes sense for us.  The Angels are the only team who are willing to pay up for SP and we already took all their prospects in the Giolito trade.  I guess we’ll have to hold and hope for a better market at the trade deadline.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No, I’d consider both Cowser and Kjerstad as prospects and damn good ones.  I just think the industry views Basallo & Mayo as better, based on what I’ve seen from certain prospect experts (including BA) and Orioles fans in general.

Fair enough, like I said, only looked at 1  list. Of course it’s all subjective. Basallo is a stud and likely deserves to be top 3, and I can see Kjerstad being dinged because of his age. Cowser and Mayo is probably a toss up depending on who you ask tho…and wether they are 3 or 4 is pretty irrelevant.

My (hopefully) realistic offer to the Orioles would be Kjerstad, Mayo, Horvath and Juan Nunez. Still leaves them with Holliday, Cowser, Basallo, and Norby ready to make an impact within the next 2 years. They obviously need the TOR arm and have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to young talented position players. 

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Unfortunately not.  This just isn’t the pitching market we thought it was.  With the Braves backing out now, I just don’t see who else would have interest at a price that makes sense for us.  The Angels are the only team who are willing to pay up for SP and we already took all their prospects in the Giolito trade.  I guess we’ll have to hold and hope for a better market at the trade deadline.

Give it time until after big guys sign.  That’s been the plan all along and the only thing that makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Give it time until after big guys sign.  That’s been the plan all along and the only thing that makes sense.

I’m honestly just fucking around and trying to see what it’s like to be Balta for 30 minutes.  I’m not worried in the slightest yet and a Braves beat writer likely leaking org fed info doesn’t change that for me.  I agree we may not see a trade during the Winter Meetings, but at some point Cease will be the best pitcher on the market and the offers will come.  Just got to wait it a bit longer.

• Like 2