Yankees acquire Alex Verdugo

Sleepy Harold

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah maybe .

Remember last year NYY wanted Beni too but offered less. I think they are trying to buy low on him, because now that he's more than a year from his surgery, his game should improve. Near the end of the season, his SLG started really improving (or maybe it was just the month of August).

If Beni is 285/365 and can get back to even 15 HRs that's actually a pretty useful player and NYY needs LHH too. In this hypothetical, if CWS ate half the cost, if he's fully back, NYY would be getting a bargain at basically like 8m a year from their end. 

If we are going to sell him, I think there's a good argument to be had that he could provide real value at the deadline if he's back to a 2.5 WAR player. I'm not sure Getz wants to get rid of him. He seems like a Getz type of guy. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Remember last year NYY wanted Beni too but offered less. I think they are trying to buy low on him, because now that he's more than a year from his surgery, his game should improve. Near the end of the season, his SLG started really improving (or maybe it was just the month of August).

If Beni is 285/365 and can get back to even 15 HRs that's actually a pretty useful player and NYY needs LHH too. In this hypothetical, if CWS ate half the cost, if he's fully back, NYY would be getting a bargain at basically like 8m a year from their end. 

If we are going to sell him, I think there's a good argument to be had that he could provide real value at the deadline if he's back to a 2.5 WAR player. I'm not sure Getz wants to get rid of him. He seems like a Getz type of guy. 

I’d throw money on Benintendi not coming close to 15 homers next year and probably not even over the next 2 seasons.

Also, pretty good chance that Tweet was bs.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

You’d say hell no to trading away Benintendi if the Yankees paid half his deal?

I thought you were saying if I were the Yankees.  That being said, I don’t think I’d eat more than 25% of his contract right now.  I think there is a real possibility he is better this year and maybe becomes movable at a lower cost to us.