Yoshinobu Yamamoto got $325 million 12 years from Dodgers (+posting fee)

Buehrle>Wood

1 hour ago, Quin said:

I'm guessing Getz has a "buy now" price set for Getz, much like the Rays did with Glasnow.

If only we could GoFundMe Getzie out of the front office...or Grifol, or both would be ideal.

Feel like he's going to end up being the fall guy for the ownership group's failures and simply following marching orders, like Bloom in Boston for not getting enough back for Mookie Betts or Bogaerts, then being stuck in a situation where the only extension left was with the one-dimensional Devers.

25 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

I fully support his right to hold out for the highest bidder and maximize his earnings. With that said, as a fan of baseball who is completely bored out of their minds waiting for the Hot Stove to actually heat up, holy s%*# dude, hurry it up!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DirtySox said:

I'm reading this as a Cease deal will likely occur with LA if Yamamoto doesn't sign there.

I do think if they miss on Yamamoto the Dodgers will shift to Cease. I also think for the Sox to get the best return the Dodgers have to be involved to push the market. They will be very aggressive while the other teams seem fine to just sit back and wait for the Sox to accept their offer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I do think if they miss on Yamamoto the Dodgers will shift to Cease. I also think for the Sox to get the best return the Dodgers have to be involved to push the market. They will be very aggressive while the other teams seem fine to just sit back and wait for the Sox to accept their offer.  

That's a good point however if Bob is right and Pepiot was the key SP they wanted from LAD, it could complicate things if they feel the other SPers are more flawed.

If LAD wants to be aggressive it will need to be a really good 3 or even 4 man package with none of the 4 being lottery tickets. 

Sheehan, Pages, Busch (yes yes I know he's 1B/DH and no I don't care, someone somewhere has to actually hit besides Robert and he's only part of the package not the "headliner") and Sweeney. All 4. 

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Blue Jays, Cubs, Mets, Giants...all in need of a pretty big move now, especially the first three.

Somehow Bellinger's going to end up closer to $250-275 million, which also seems insane based on his peripherals (softer contact) and overall health and statistical record since his MVP year.

Seems like he could be one of those guys who trends more like Heyward or Benintendi in the second half of his career.

All that said, Yamamoto really feels like he has been a Yankee the entire time.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Blue Jays, Cubs, Mets, Giants...all in need of a pretty big move now, especially the first three.

Somehow Bellinger's going to end up closer to $250-275 million, which also seems insane based on his peripherals (softer contact) and overall health and statistical record since his MVP year.

Seems like he could be one of those guys who trends more like Heyward or Benintendi in the second half of his career.

All that said, Yamamoto really feels like he has been a Yankee the entire time.

Whatever long term deal Bellinger signs is going to be awful quick I feel.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Quin said:

They both have championships in the past four years.

Well one championship since 1951 in Los Angeles is a garbage record.

And the 2020 fake 60 game season and garbage 16 team playoff has a major asterisk. 1988 was the last Dodgers championship during an actual MLB season.