Tigers Signing Flaherty

CWSpalehoseCWS

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

This is a deal the Sox should be willing to do. 

Yes, and we should have the tie-breaker in Katz if the money was the same.

Unfortunately, it’s painfully obvious that Reinsdorf is slashing payroll well beyond even our own expectations (and mine were pretty large).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yes, and we should have the tie-breaker in Katz if the money was the same.

Unfortunately, it’s painfully obvious that Reinsdorf is slashing payroll well beyond even our own expectations (and mine were pretty large).

Or does Katz know something that kept the team away from him? 

He hasn't been any good since 2019. Tried to blame his lousy performance last season on Willson Contreras, then performed even worse with Baltimore and I guess he's not really in a position to complain about Adley Rutschman.

Maybe he turns it around, I wouldn't hope that he performs poorly, but I wouldn't hold my breath expecting a bounce back season. 

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Or does Katz know something that kept the team away from him? 

Yes, the benefit of the doubt should ALWAYS go to the Sox, no question. I mean, look at how successful Katz and this organization have been as of late. They’re gonna need a bigger trophy case soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yes, the benefit of the doubt should ALWAYS go to the Sox, no question. I mean, look at how successful Katz and this organization have been as of late. They’re gonna need a bigger trophy case soon. 

You don't think Katz has some inside info on him, with the way he pitched the last if years? 

Obviously you should always assume. The new GM is wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

When two teams suck, I'll take the one that has an enjoyable broadcaster and is expressing a willingness to improve over whatever Jerry is doing.

Beggars Pizza vs. Little Caesar's/Domino's...can't even win the great pizza wars with DET, let alone broadcasting ones.

Not too long ago Mario Impemba and Rod Allen were trying to kill each other in the Tigers' booth.