Happy Festivus!!!

Lip Man 1

CBS Sportsline airing of grievances for the White Sox:

Target: The organization as a whole Grievance: Remember when the White Sox traded Chris Sale, Adam Eaton, José Quintana and others and, as a result, had that loaded farm system? All that build was for a Wild Card loss in 2020, a 93-win season in 2021 that ended with a 3-1 ALDS loss and then 81 wins in 2022. Now they are one of the worst teams in baseball and have a long road ahead to turn things around. They haven't won a playoff series since 2005. What a sad state of affairs. 
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

CBS Sportsline airing of grievances for the White Sox:

Target: The organization as a whole Grievance: Remember when the White Sox traded Chris Sale, Adam Eaton, José Quintana and others and, as a result, had that loaded farm system? All that build was for a Wild Card loss in 2020, a 93-win season in 2021 that ended with a 3-1 ALDS loss and then 81 wins in 2022. Now they are one of the worst teams in baseball and have a long road ahead to turn things around. They haven't won a playoff series since 2005. What a sad state of affairs. 

I still contend that something went haywire at mid-season of 2021 under  the management of TLR.

• Like 2

As to the article, the Sox had a very top heavy system after the Sale, Q, Eaton trades and failed to build any sort of depth behind it. Once that singular "wave" graduated, the system was barren and they found themselves back where they had been for the previous 15-20 years. Just not good enough with no means to improve.

They half-assed the rebuild and sat on their hands expecting it all to work. Then JR TLR'd the org, and a rebuild set up to fail was completely fucked.

Happy Fucking Holidays to you to JR...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wegner said:

The good news is that I hear they'll be serving Syrup of Ipecac in the Craft Cave....$4.50....looks like an exceptional bargain.

I still never ventured down to the Craft Cave, because I typically go out pre or post, but my first Hop Butcher For The World Beer was in that Revolution corner beer spot that may be called something else. It was a  Rye Black IPA and was excellent, and loved the White Sox theme with it. 

Not my photo but a cool one found on the interwebs.

484fbf9e2e5a5bc61bf138d9bc2c8329_640x640

Getting back to the thread theme, this one out of Niles is also a solid option. Also not my photo.

e9fd76a9b1aced57cb0c17840d93cd34_640x640

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Love 1