Sox sign former Royal LHRP Tim Hill to 1-year, $1.8M contract

2Deep

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

Another terrible player acquired.  He was awful last year.

I’m starting to worry that Harold…I mean Getz is in a bit over his head on this roster building thing.

Like WTF does this move accomplish?  I didn’t think I could be disappointed with this signing after predicting Amir Garrett but alas he we are with one most puzzling moves in my history as a White Sox fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Hill wasn’t that bad in 2021 and 2022. That’s probably what they are thinking. But it’s hardly any money so if he sucks it’s not that big of a deal.

Why even spend that money at all though, they had equally as disappointing options already in house.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m starting to worry that Harold…I mean Getz is in a bit over his head on this roster building thing.

Like WTF does this move accomplish?  I didn’t think I could be disappointed with this signing after predicting Amir Garrett but alas he we are with one most puzzling moves in my history as a White Sox fan.

They’re signing as many roster fillers as they can while slashing the budget an insane amount.

• Like 1

• Quin changed the title to Sox sign former Royal LHRP Tim Hill to 1-year, $1.8M contract
Just now, fathom said:

They’re signing as many roster fillers as they can while slashing the budget an insane amount.

What is the plan here?

I just don't understand....

Are they filling the different holes on the roster with cheap, old FA's and then going to spend some money on a SP and RF???

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Has been solid up until last year. 

Nothing to get excited over but he is still better then bummer and lot cheaper (this matters to jerry)

I get why everyone was so sick and tired of Bummer, but this guy is definitely not better than Bummer.

Bummer was a lot better than his reputation around here.

• Like 2

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

It’s a pointless signing but it’s not really worth getting upset about either. Which is what you can say about virtually their entire offseason so far.

Every little signing of each bad player adds up to an overall pile of crap.  The same as every other past offseason.

• Like 1