The OF Thread

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah sounds like he’s going to end up in Boston. 

Do you have access to an approximate Season Ticket Full Season Equivalents for 2022, 2023 and 2024?

This would really provide context as to what their budget is / should be, especially in light of your comment 2025 payroll may be under $100M.

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I can't wait till Billy Hamilton retires. Then I'll just have to see you suggesting him as a coach rather than a player. ?

He’d be an upgrade over the past several POTUS.

Ditto MLB Commissioner or Chairman of the Board - Chicago White Sox.

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

As someone mentioned before, that would be so hypocritical.

Gavin Sheets has no glove and can barely hit above the Mendoza line.  He’s barely a bench player in the majors other than being a lefty and having the ability to hit the rare homerun on a meatball pitch, so of course he’s going to get starts in the outfield for our White Sox.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Paper Bag 2

Just now, Timmy U said:

It was rumored that the White Sox were on Anthony before the draft. He's a good-looking young hitter. Not a centerfielder, but I think his upside is higher than Cowser and he's a better athlete than Kjerstad. That said, probably 2 years away.

Next year is a throwaway season anyway so I don’t care. If you have both Montgomery and Anthony coming up sometime in 2025, that would be fun to watch.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

It was rumored that the White Sox were on Anthony before the draft. He's a good-looking young hitter. Not a centerfielder, but I think his upside is higher than Cowser and he's a better athlete than Kjerstad. That said, probably 2 years away.

Anthony is even more of a savage than either BAL player for sure.

That would be so awesome 

45 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t know if Red Sox would even consider trading Anthony.  Rafaela and his defense seems like something Getz would love.

No where in the article does it mention the Red Sox trading Anthony over their other outfielders.

”And according to major league sources, the Sox have continued to explore trades involving their group of young outfielders — they currently have lefthanded hitters Masataka Yoshida, Jarren Duran, and Wilyer Abreu, as well as righthanded hitters Tyler O’Neill, Rob Refsnyder, and Ceddanne Rafaela. If the Sox deal from that group to add a pitcher, they could then return to the free-agent market to add a bat such as slugger Teoscar Hernández, in whom the team remains interested even after signing Giolito.”

• Like 1