Yarial Rodriguez to Blue Jays

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Nobody thought Alexei Ramirez or HaSeong Kim would amount to anything much.  Tigers and White Sox 1B were supposed to be drafting generational hitters. Andruw Jones's son was once on a HoF trajectory.  Most MLB teams were not that excited about Jose Abreu or opined he wasn't as good as their own veterans.

Remember when the market spoke conclusively about Fulmer over Buehler?

The consensus is right...until it's wrong and then everyone hides behind safety in those crowds of wrong assessments.

See Mike Trout.

Mmmm my favorite, Name Salad.

• TLR 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I guess I didn’t word my previous post very well.  I’m not saying Jimmy is making anything up.  But just because the Sox view him as a reliever doesn’t mean they are correct in their assessment.  Meanwhile, the Jays front office thinks he can be a starter.

Worded this way, I would totally agree with you. Guess we will find out if he has what it takes in Toronto.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I guess I didn’t word my previous post very well.  I’m not saying Jimmy is making anything up.  But just because the Sox view him as a reliever doesn’t mean they are correct in their assessment.  Meanwhile, the Jays front office thinks he can be a starter.

Made sense to me.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If it wasn't Vera, who was the most hyped Sox starting pitching prospect by the front office and media mouthpieces?

So because the Sox spent money on Vera, Rodriguez is going to be a star starting pitcher in Toronto.  Makes perfect sense.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Mmmm my favorite, Name Salad.

The White Sox haven't been right about any young pitchers since Sale and Quintana...

That's a full decade.  They haven't been right on young catching for even longer.

At any rate, you can go ahead and count Cease as the third...although technically not their development win compared to the Northsiders.

Plus he's hardly worth Westburg and Ortiz to Orioles' fans. (Maybe Balta, too.) Mention Cowser Basallo Mayo and they will simply hang up on you.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The White Sox haven't been right about any young pitchers since Sale and Quintana...

That's a full decade.  They haven't been right on young catching for even longer.

At any rate, you can go ahead and count Cease as the third...although technically not their development win compared to the Northsiders.

Plus he's hardly worth Westburg and Ortiz to Orioles' fans. (Maybe Balta, too.) Mention Cowser Basallo Mayo and they will simply hang up on you.

• Haha 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

So because the Sox spent money on Vera, Rodriguez is going to be a star starting pitcher in Toronto.  Makes perfect sense.

It's just as ridiculous as your assertion that he can't be a starting pitcher because the White Sox and 28 other teams didn't bet more.

Let's compare the fWAR for Rodriguez vs. Fedde in two or four year's time.

29 other teams didn't give Eric Fedde that money to start for them, right?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's just as ridiculous as your assertion that he can't be a starting pitcher because the White Sox and 28 other teams didn't bet more.

Let's compare the fWAR for Rodriguez vs. Fedde in two or four year's time.

29 other teams didn't give Eric Fedde that money to start for them, right?  

Putting more weight into the actions of 29 teams isn't more significant than the actions of 1 stupid team who can't develop pitching?  Flawless logic there.

And yes, if any other organization though Fedde was worth a s%*#, he gets way more than 2/15.  That's literally the way the open market works.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Fedde vs. Rodriguez...head to head fWAR at the end of 2025.

We will so who is right.

Almost perfect match in per year salary, but stronger belief in Rodriguez to give him two additional years.  Both similarly available to any MLB team.

Here's a crazy thought, a guy who gets twice the money probably should put up better results. Jesus man, I don't even know what you are arguing anymore.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

When was the last time the White Sox got it RIGHT on a young starting pitcher?

They invested a lot in Norge Vera, for example.

Eder will continue to be closely watched...and the results of the last 2-3 drafts on the pitching side as they climb the organizational ladder.

Vera signed for $1.5 million. It’s not even close to the same thing. We’ll find out a lot about Sox young starters this year 

42 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Until he needs TJS.

Every pitcher gets TJS. Just a matter of when with Schultz 

27 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Fedde vs. Rodriguez...head to head fWAR at the end of 2025.

We will so who is right.

Almost perfect match in per year salary, but stronger belief in Rodriguez to give him two additional years.  Both similarly available to any MLB team.

Fedde is 30, four years older than Rodriguez.  That probably has more to do with the length of their respective deals, and also why the Sox signed Fedde.  Less years and risk, but also less potential upside.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1