Sox looking at building in South Loop

8 minutes ago, tray said:

If you have  any data on what percentage of fans attending Sox games rely on mass transportation to get there, let me know,

Do you have any data at to what percentage of Cub fans reply on mass transportation to get there, and exactly how much dumber Sox fans are that they can't do the same thing/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, tray said:

If you have  any data on what percentage of fans attending Sox games rely on mass transportation to get there, let me know,

I've read a number of times that 20% of fans attending White Sox games  use public transportation.

4 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Both sides will come together and the stadium will be built. JR is going to  have to come up with some big money to make it happen. But it will get done.

I thought this last winter, but the idea that Reinsdorf would think "walking around the legislature threatening to leave and demanding the most expensive public stadium in MLB history in order to stay" was anywhere remotely a good strategy remains baffling to me. Not only something no one was ever going to pay, but also the threats to leave followed by this season had to leave everyone extra soured on the whole idea. This is what "Poisoning the well" probably looks like.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Do you have any data at to what percentage of Cub fans reply on mass transportation to get there, and exactly how much dumber Sox fans are that they can't do the same thing/

It’s hilarious that the pearl clutching about parking ignores the fact that many fans already have to walk a block or two to get from lots G, F, and L into the park. Heaven forbid that they walk a block or two from an existing lot or garage across the river or nearby in the South Loop. Or that humans can’t adapt to new circumstance and simply won’t be able to function with something new or different about their ballpark experience. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

It’s hilarious that the pearl clutching about parking ignores the fact that many fans already have to walk a block or two to get from lots G, F, and L into the park. Heaven forbid that they walk a block or two from an existing lot or garage across the river or nearby in the South Loop. Or that humans can’t adapt to new circumstance and simply won’t be able to function with something new or different about their ballpark experience. 

Wrigley Field sits in the middle of a huge populated area, I remember reading an article many years ago about how many people are a short walking distance from Wrigley, I can’t remember the number but it was quite substantial.
When I was in kindergarten and first grade in the early 50s we lived on Dakin and Sheridan and remember walking  to Wrigley with my parents to see of all things, a Rodeo with the Star attraction being the Cisco Kid and Pancho. I went to LeMoyne elementary school on Addison and Fremont, 2 blocks from the ballpark.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Can the my make the bridge across the river something architecturally neat? Because that’s spectacular in Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

If these owners want public funding then it needs to be performance based contracts and pay fines for not putting a good product on the field.  Like payroll has to be $150M minimum.   The way Jerry has destroyed a fan base in 40 years says he can no longer be trusted with tax payer money. 

I'm all for Jerry to leave for Nashville and if it is also taking the team so be it as long as there's no White Sox.   Leave that for expansion. 

The only thing fans really want is Jerry out of baseball.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

If these owners want public funding then it needs to be performance based contracts and pay fines for not putting a good product on the field.  Like payroll has to be $150M minimum.   The way Jerry has destroyed a fan base in 40 years says he can no longer be trusted with tax payer money. 

I'm all for Jerry to leave for Nashville and if it is also taking the team so be it as long as there's no White Sox.   Leave that for expansion. 

The only thing fans really want is Jerry out of baseball.

The government should not be caring about white Sox payroll on their big league staff.

They should be caring about the quality of jobs generated by the site, and Reinsdorf is notoriously cheap for what he pays his stadium staff. 

They should be caring about the tax revenue return created by developing this site and jobs created around it. So far, as far as I can tell, neither Reinsdorf nor Related have talked about this at all, and as a consequence the politicians are correctly saying that they need to make sure it is a “good deal for the taxpayers”. Reinsdorf apparently refuses to demonstrate this in any way, and instead expects that he can bully the state government with threats to move and bribes of river cruises.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The government should not be caring about white Sox payroll on their big league staff.

They should be caring about the quality of jobs generated by the site, and Reinsdorf is notoriously cheap for what he pays his stadium staff. 

They should be caring about the tax revenue return created by developing this site and jobs created around it. So far, as far as I can tell, neither Reinsdorf nor Related have talked about this at all, and as a consequence the politicians are correctly saying that they need to make sure it is a “good deal for the taxpayers”. Reinsdorf apparently refuses to demonstrate this in any way, and instead expects that he can bully the state government with threats to move and bribes of river cruises.

The other big thing is, yes, the non construction jobs created, will mostly be washed by the loss of  the same jobs in Bridgeport. They like to say they are creating jobs they are just moving.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

The Bears are fumbling all of this far more than the Sox. What are they even doing?

Kevin Warren is fucking around, I think it’s about time to get something done