Sox looking at building in South Loop

40 minutes ago, NO!!MARY!!! said:

Exactly! That’s one of several factors the whole “I hate the old, aging owner who won’t live forever so much I want my (so-called) favorite team to move and be gone forever! And they can bring in a new team!” Fantasists never consider.

No one actually wants this.  Find a single post where this is actually said.

2 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

Feel like I've even seen a post or two here say it, but maybe not. 

I've definitely said this before. I don't actually want them to leave but whatever this thing the Sox have become is intolerable. 

I just don't watch much baseball anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

The last that I heard is that the Bears and White Sox are working together trying to get funding. Also heard that if the White Sox get their new stadium the present stadium will be converted into a soccer stadium for the Chicago Red Stars team. 

Edited by WBWSF

33 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

The last that I heard is that the Bears and White Sox are working together trying to get funding. Also heard that if the White Sox get their new stadium the present stadium will be converted into a soccer stadium for the Chicago Red Stars team. 

As always anything is possible but every comment I've seen published from politicians say categorically it's going to be a difficult sell ESPECIALLY if JR refuses to spend any of his own money. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

looks like most of the skyline would be completely obstructed visually once the stadium is built , just based off that photo (could just be the angle)

Well sure, that happens when you take a picture from the perspective of the home plate ump. The view will be different from the seats 100 feet higher...

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

looks like most of the skyline would be completely obstructed visually once the stadium is built , just based off that photo (could just be the angle)

Leave the outfield as is and make the rest of the seating 12 decks.

• Fire 1

33 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

The backdrop is for the advertising and the upper deck to admire 😉

3 hours ago, joejoesox said:

If you make the stadium where to enter at the top of the 100 level like the rest of baseball it would be fine.

On 9/27/2024 at 7:42 AM, southsider2k5 said:

No one actually wants this.  Find a single post where this is actually said.

Speaking of new teams the Blackhawks just welcomed the new Utah Hockey Club. They don't even have a team name yet. 

7 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

Well sure, that happens when you take a picture from the perspective of the home plate ump. The view will be different from the seats 100 feet higher...

Just bring some lawn chairs and play ball. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Due to the proximity of the river, I would doubt it.

The entire City of Chicago's skyscrapers all have foundations LONG below street level, even places like The Sears Tower, which is half a block from the same river.  If you don't remember, go back and look up the great Chicago Flood in the late 90s.  It's the same thing they did in NYC too with all of their skyscrapers including both versions of the WTC.  They dig out a massive hole, reinforce it with concrete and rebar, and then start building up.  A place like Sears or WTC is probably 50 to 60 feet in a hole before they start building.  This ballpark would be amateur hour compared to places like that.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2024 at 7:09 PM, WBWSF said:

This was part of the original announcement.