Sox looking at building in South Loop

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Went to a couple hundred games from 1955-1990 and I probably sat up there more than other part of the park along with the right-outfield upper deck. 
Let’s face it, if fans want great skyline views, they need a new park at 78.

I'd rather have a great team and shitty views of Chicago myself. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'd rather have a great team and shitty views of Chicago myself. 

Agree but the Sox have always had a bit of a problem drawing at 35th and Shields, the casual fan for whatever reasons will not venture there not to mention out of towners. Since I became a fan in the early 50s I’m pretty sure the only year they have led the American League in attendance was 1960.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

On 10/18/2024 at 1:18 AM, tray said:

If antiquated in your book means convenient parking, I'm down with that. I like doing my own thing including going where I want to go in the safety of my own vehicle.

Exactly. It takes a rare breed to want to take the El to games. Cub fans are used to it. Plus Wrigley is a better neighborhood isn't it? Sox have some big parking lots now, right? People want to drive to the game especially suburb people and don't want to mess with trains and the El. Or buses.

I'm stunned the Royals and Chiefs want to abandon the sports complex here. KU played a football game at Arrowhead Saturday and it was so easy to drive in and leave and park. It takes forever to exit a Chiefs game in the car cause it's 80,000 fans but still at least the fans aren't stuck in some 12 level parking garage. Ugh.

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Exactly. It takes a rare breed to want to take the El to games. Cub fans are used to it. Plus Wrigley is a better neighborhood isn't it? Sox have some big parking lots now, right? People want to drive to the game especially suburb people and don't want to mess with trains and the El. Or buses.

I'm stunned the Royals and Chiefs want to abandon the sports complex here. KU played a football game at Arrowhead Saturday and it was so easy to drive in and leave and park. It takes forever to exit a Chiefs game in the car cause it's 80,000 fans but still at least the fans aren't stuck in some 12 level parking garage. Ugh.

If anyone has been to a Dodger game they understand why fans leave early.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2024 at 5:20 PM, tray said:

He lives in his parents basement.

He found an image of several parking passes on a black background on the internet.

He lives in Bridgeport but wants the White Sox to move out of a neighborhood they have been in for over 100 years.

He craves one-upmanship on internet forums.

He is a know-it-all.

There are other less generous explanations.

On 10/15/2024 at 12:38 PM, tray said:

Lie with impunity. A lot of that going around.

On 10/15/2024 at 7:11 AM, tray said:

Yea right. and I live in Martha's Vineyard. 

9 hours ago, tray said:

I sense some anger here. Not sure why some people want to question my experiences and my memories but whatever.

Dis U?  Just stop the poor me act.  You dug this hole, live in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

I would be stunned that you think Cub fans are smarter than Sox fans when it comes to public transportation, but I think we know the reason for it...

40 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would be stunned that you think Cub fans are smarter than Sox fans when it comes to public transportation, but I think we know the reason for it...

If anyone would have their finger on the pulse of how Chicagoans feel about public transportation it would definitely be the guy living in Lawrence, Kansas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Been there but stayed to the end and it was an 11 inning game back in 2009 when extra inning games were really extra inning games.

The parking lot is like a roach motel , you can get in but you can't get out :)

Edited by Falstaff
typo, fat fingered by error

3 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

If anyone would have their finger on the pulse of how Chicagoans feel about public transportation it would definitely be the guy living in Lawrence, Kansas.

Lawrence Kansas .... the first thing I think of is Quantrill and Bloody Bill Anderson

Edited by Falstaff

2 hours ago, Falstaff said:

The parking lot is like a roach motel , you can get in but you can't get out :)

It took awhile but the record for me was the night in 1997 when the Marlins won the World Series, it took forever to get out of the Joe Robbie Stadium parking lot and then we had a 95 mile ride back to Naples on Alligator Alley.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nobody in suburbia is taking the train downtown and then the El to get to a Cub game. Or 'hardly anybody.' Cub fans have been doing it for five decades.

5 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

Many family members still live in Chicago and the suburbs. Also friends still live there. I keep up on the city. You guys tell me how many Sox fans from suburbia regularly take public transportation to the Sox games. That'd have to be a train from Lisle/Naperville let's say to downtown then play the El game. Not appealing in a day and age where people want their fun to happen Now and fast. And they don't want to add so much more time to their trip into Chicago.

2 hours ago, Falstaff said:

Lawrence Kansas .... the first thing I think of is Quantrill and Bloody Bill Anderson

This area is holding its own in sports. Chiefs dynasty ongoing, KU basketball won it all in 2022, Royals had its WS not so long ago and playoffs this year.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Nobody in suburbia is taking the train downtown and then the El to get to a Cub game. Or 'hardly anybody.' Cub fans have been doing it for five decades.

And you think Sox fans are too stupid to do it.  I know.  Sounds like something a Cub fan would think, right?

• Like 1