2024 MiLB Catch All

DirtySox

Just now, michelangelosmonkey said:

Why does Nishida not get any attention?  .415 OBP, 34 stolen bases in half a season?   Left handed hitter.   2023 draft pick...yet I don't see him on White Sox top 30 prospects.  Rarely mentioned here.  Is his age his fatal flaw?       

Nishida is such an unorthodox player, I am not sure anyone knows what to make of him. It’s little to no power. He is passive at the plate and not a great defender. But he takes amazing at bats, forces pitchers to work more than anyone else in A ball, and is an excellent base runner. I mean, a poor man’s Steven Kwan? Not really because the power is at least a grade lower. He’s an interesting guy, but he’s gonna have to prove it at higher levels before he gets a lot of attention.

• Like 1

Just now, Timmy U said:

Nishida is such an unorthodox player, I am not sure anyone knows what to make of him. It’s little to no power. He is passive at the plate and not a great defender. But he takes amazing at bats, forces pitchers to work more than anyone else in A ball, and is an excellent base runner. I mean, a poor man’s Steven Kwan? Not really because the power is at least a grade lower. He’s an interesting guy, but he’s gonna have to prove it at higher levels before he gets a lot of attention.

So what we dreamed Madrigal was going to be?  How is Jordan Sprinkle blocking him at high A?   

1 minute ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

So what we dreamed Madrigal was going to be?  How is Jordan Sprinkle blocking him at high A?   

There’s a logjam at W-S in both left and 2b. Sprinkle is a glove-first ss, so he’s not blocking Nishida. They just moved Camilletti up, so maybe Nishida gets a shot, but Chapelli is also blocking him.

23 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

So much for the rumored promotion 

Could still be happening? There's a lot of movement going on, including a group of pitching prospects spending a couple days with Banny this week:

I assume a lot of the recent spot starts and roster movement has been to accommodate that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Credepopsup said:

ACL players released by the Sox:

OF - Erick Hernandez ($1m signing in 2022)

1B - Dario Borrero

C - Manuel Guariman

SS - Guillermo Rodriguez

He was our highest ranking signing at the time for a while.  He did NOTHING.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

36 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He was our highest ranking signing at the time for a while.  He did NOTHING.

I think South Side Sox even ranked him like, #8 on their prospect list, when signed. 

• Haha 1

With the new limits on Stateside players, it has become a brutal business. You gotta show something right away or teams can’t roster you. Hernandez has been a hell of a disappointment. I think Paddy probably needs to go.