2024 MiLB Catch All

DirtySox

Red Sox guy answering a question about White Sox developing pitchers:

• Like 3

On 6/7/2024 at 5:53 PM, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox called up Cannon on his scheduled day. Knights a guy that was in rotation so it ended up being g Murphy. It’s also easy to go from Winston to Charlotte 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Quero #1 on the hot sheet. Let's go.

1. Edgar Quero, C, White Sox
Team: Double-A Birmingham (Southern)

Why He’s Here: .619/.704/1.143 (13-for-21), 7 R, 2 2B, 0 3B, 3 HR, 5 RBIs, 5 BB, 3 SO

The Scoop: What a difference a month makes. In May, Quero—one of the prizes the White Sox netted from the Angels in last summer’s Lucas Giolito trade—had just 15 hits. With just 10 days gone in June, he already has 17 hits. Three of hits this past week were home runs, which put him in select company. He is one of just four catchers in the minor leagues who are 21 years old or younger and have 10 or more home runs. The total also pushes him farther past his total from 2023, when he hit six homers in 101 games at Double-A. (JN)

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/ranking-the-20-hottest-mlb-prospects-hot-sheet-6-11-24/

Edited by DirtySox

On 6/5/2024 at 10:09 AM, WestEddy said:

Red Sox guy answering a question about White Sox developing pitchers:

This is the kind of thing I want to read, good stuff. I would love to read about the exact changes (praying its more analytics)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

So now that Thorpe and Cannon are with the Sox, there are going to be some pitching promotions, right? 

Eder is 25 I'd like to see him in Charlotte and Taylor should go up to W/S at least IMO. 

I don’t believe so. They have a 5 man staff in AA still. Charlotte doesn’t matter. 

11 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Taylor isn't being challenged in Kanny, they should probably find a way to get him to W/S

Maybe after the draft they will. I don’t think it’s a big deal. He just needs innings. 

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Maybe after the draft they will. I don’t think it’s a big deal. He just needs innings. 

UNlike the churn you are seeing at the major league level, I am all for giving guys some predictability and stability as the work through the minors.  Give them clear and concise timelines and goals so that they will be on the same page.  1st half/2nd half is always solid timing for these kinds of changes as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

If they move Taylor up to A+ after the draft, I wouldn't be shocked if he got his feet wet in AA by the end of the season.