Changes at Soxtalk

The Bones

Thanks...but I got to give credit to Show and Gash as well as Cubsuck whose given us an idea for a new feature that will be coming shortly  :headbang

And if anyone else ever has any ideas and such, just tell pm me or Alex (soxheads). :)

I think I know what it is :headbang

Thanks...but I got to give credit to Show and Gash as well as Cubsuck whose given us an idea for a new feature that will be coming shortly  :headbang

And if anyone else ever has any ideas and such, just tell pm me or Alex (soxheads).   :)

What are you waiting for :begood .......tell us what you think. I dont know whats going on, curious to see what you believe is happening.

And if anyone else ever has any ideas and such, just tell pm me or Alex (soxheads).   :)

What are you waiting for :begood .......tell us what you think. I dont know whats going on, curious to see what you believe is happening.

I think theres gonna be a shoutbox

I think theres gonna be a shoutbox

Ohyeah, I heard that mentioned before. Another invision board site that I found off the internet is stupid-boy.com . Its really a great place to go if you want to talk about relationship problems. Of course that includes sex.......just look at the "lets get it on" message board. Everything seems to be allowed over there; Beastly would feel right at home :D

What I noticed over there (that soxtalk doesnt have) is live chat and a feature when you post called "quick reply." Im sure there are more differences but I havent explored the entire site yet.

Ohyeah, I heard that mentioned before.  Another invision board site that I found off the internet is stupid-boy.com  . Its really a great site to go if you want to talk about anything.  That includes sex.......just look at the "lets get it on" message board.  Beastly would be welcomed over there  :D

What I noticed over there (that soxtalk doesnt have) is live chat and a feature when you post called "quick reply."  Im sure there are more differences but I havent explored the entire site yet.

THATS why I love Soxtalk I can talk about Sex here right now if I waned too

IN fact, Flashy, we need a sex thread goin soon on everyones sex life I think

Of course you could but it seems some would complain.......others would insult you.......while a small number would answer. "Thats none of your business!!!" would be a phrase uttered throughout the thread.

I swear that if you start up a sex thread I will back you up.

Of course you could but it seems some would complain.......others would insult you.......while a small number would answer. "Thats none of your business!!!" would be a phrase uttered throughout the thread.

I swear that if you start up a sex thread I will back you up.

WELL Ill do it soon so dont worry Flashy

What do you think of the quick reply feature Flash. I have it on these boards, but have never tried using it. Is it something that makes it easier to post and such?

I'll work on getting a chatroom of some sort. We used to have one, but it wasn't via invision.

What do you think of the quick reply feature Flash.  I have it on these boards, but have never tried using it.  Is it something that makes it easier to post and such? 

I'll work on getting a chatroom of some sort.  We used to have one, but it wasn't via invision.

The quick reply would probably be most useful during game day threads. If you just wanted to type a message without adding in emoticons or quoting anyone then it would be an ideal feature.

What do you think of the quick reply feature Flash.  I have it on these boards, but have never tried using it.  Is it something that makes it easier to post and such? 

I'll work on getting a chatroom of some sort.  We used to have one, but it wasn't via invision.

I love quick reply. Please add it. :headbang

I love quick reply. Please add it. :headbang

I just ran a test of the quick reply I have set up and their are a few flaws with it. Alex and I are gonna be laying out some new coding in the next few weeks that should fix this problem as well as the problem with some of the writing missing in the avatar section.

Once we do that, we'll test the quick reply feature on this board and see what everyone things, but from what I just saw of it, I think most everyone will like it :headbang

You could get a good IRC chatroom for nothing at all, on some server. Or if you wanted you could make an irc.soxtalk.com server.. and install some sort of nickserv chanserv dealie. Not exactly sure how that works though. Then you could have people download an IRC program, like mIRC, and also make a Java applet that connects right to the channel, and host it on Soxtalk.com.

Just an idea, if you're interested.

You could get a good IRC chatroom for nothing at all, on some server. Or if you wanted you could make an irc.soxtalk.com server.. and install some sort of nickserv chanserv dealie. Not exactly sure how that works though. Then you could have people download an IRC program, like mIRC, and also make a Java applet that connects right to the channel, and host it on Soxtalk.com.

U got any instructions on how to do that :lol:

Where I could set it up where when people go to for example www.soxtalk.com/chat it would automatically pull it off of Soxtalk's server (The one thing I'd worry about is if this would put too much extra pressure on the server) and then if people don't have the program a pop up would come up or something would say install this.

U got any instructions on how to do that :lol:

Where I could set it up where when people go to for example www.soxtalk.com/chat it would automatically pull it off of Soxtalk's server (The one thing I'd worry about is if this would put too much extra pressure on the server) and then if people don't have the program a pop up would come up or something would say install this.

Well I did some reading up on it... and it appears that you'd have to have a computer set aside with a good OS (I guess Linux is preferred for having an IRC network on your computer). From what I understand, you have a computer that's on 24/7 to host the network.. I think the better route to take would be to just simply set up a channel on a public server, and put a Java applet at like soxtalk.com/chat ... would give you the applet, some little popup would come saying "Do you want to install blah blah", people would click yes, type out a username, and simply click connect and they'd be on the chatroom.

I can find a good reliable server, and a decent Java applet, I know a few people who have worked with these things.

If you are interested in making an IRC room, I'll talk to you about how to connect to this server, and give you the command for registering a channel.