West Coast White Sox: The Seattle Mariners and their 2024 season.

Swept at home by the Angels. 9-20 in their last 29. Haven't won a series in over a month. This team is so fucking White Sox man. It's uncanny. They are the same fucking thing, just at various different places in said thing at any given time.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Swept at home by the Angels. 9-20 in their last 29. Haven't won a series in over a month. This team is so fucking White Sox man. It's uncanny. They are the same fucking thing, just at various different places in said thing at any given time.

They're playing themselves out of buyers it seems. I know they are tied for first but sounds like they're losing Julio for a while.

14 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

They're playing themselves out of buyers it seems. I know they are tied for first but sounds like they're losing Julio for a while.

And Crawford. And Dipoto already had a very White Sox like presser where he said to temper expectations. Oh well, there's plenty of other clubs the Sox can make deals with. It's hilarious seeing this team collapse and I got some money on it so even better.

• 3 weeks later...

So I was right about all of this. I'm taking a victory lap. Those dumb idiots rushed Julio back and now he's out again. They are now 4 back in the division and playoff odds are down to 33%. They are the White Sox West Coast. Everything about them is the same. Everything. Even the injury s%*#.

57 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So I was right about all of this. I'm taking a victory lap. Those dumb idiots rushed Julio back and now he's out again. They are now 4 back in the division and playoff odds are down to 33%. They are the White Sox West Coast. Everything about them is the same. Everything. Even the injury s%*#.

That 10 game lead sure was nice...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

They set the record for quickest 10 game division lead blown. It was like 32 games or something, they managed it in 26 or something. Losers.

Well, at least that's one record the Sox won't challenge for a while...

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Ho. lee. fuk. The Mariners announced Wilson as the MANAGER GOING FORWARD!

JUST MERGE THE FUCKING TEAMS! IT'S THE SPIDERMAN MEME!

EDIT: it just keeps getting BETTER. Scott learned of his firing via a breaking news on his PHONE! He was scheduled to meet with management later today. Wow.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Ho. lee. fuk. The Mariners announced Wilson as the MANAGER GOING FORWARD!

JUST MERGE THE FUCKING TEAMS! IT'S THE SPIDERMAN MEME!

EDIT: it just keeps getting BETTER. Scott learned of his firing via a breaking news on his PHONE! He was scheduled to meet with management later today. Wow.

Stadium

Pitching Staff

Jose Rodriguez >>> Luis Robert

Trendy upscale market

14 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Stadium

Pitching Staff

Jose Rodriguez >>> Luis Robert

Trendy upscale market

Well, at least the Sox aren't on the hook for 200+ million for Robert. I said at the time I thought the Julio deal was an overpay, especially on years. I have been proven right.  Julio is on pace for 2 WAR despite being relatively healthy until this last stretch with his ankle. He's not an elite defensive CF just a good one and he has serious launch angle issues himself at the plate. Frankly I'd rather have Robert on his deal going forward.

• 2 weeks later...

I should get bonuses on my over under bet via my predictive posts in this thread. They have now lost 4 in a row, to fall to 69-70, having been walked off in consecutive nights by the juggernaut Oakland As.

Their season is Ovah. They will avoid setting the all time loss record in the next few years because their owner isn't JR, but still. What a clown show. Wasting a historically good (and fortunate) rotation with the worst (lol) non white Sox offense is next level suckery. 

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I should get bonuses on my over under bet via my predictive posts in this thread. They have now lost 4 in a row, to fall to 69-70, having been walked off in consecutive nights by the juggernaut Oakland As.

Their season is Ovah. They will avoid setting the all time loss record in the next few years because their owner isn't JR, but still. What a clown show. Wasting a historically good (and fortunate) rotation with the worst (lol) non white Sox offense is next level suckery. 

So Arozarena and Turner weren't the answer on offense?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still alive.

Tied with Minnesota...but only three games remaining.

Twins have more opportunities to lose, two more against Miami at home and then finish with three against the Orioles.

Royals/Tigers two games clear at 9 games over .500.

2/3 just might do it for the Mariners.

Of course expecting or predicting that six games over at just 84-78 would be enough...?  The White Sox Effect.