Rick Morrissey's Article

sox-r-us

Agreed... I cringed watching him say that. While I thinkeveryone needs to be on won page. And the manager has to have the say in the clubhouse. That was not the best way to introduce yourself to a new team...

That being said i think frank will come in this year with a good attitude, along with Ozzie, and it will be contagious. The Sox will actually get out to a fast start and be able to carry some momentum into our usually good second half.

Agreed... I cringed watching him say that.  While I thinkeveryone needs to be on won page.  And the manager has to have the say in the clubhouse.  That was not the best way to introduce yourself to a new team...

That being said i think frank will come in this year with a good attitude, along with Ozzie, and it will be contagious.  The Sox will actually get out to a fast start and be able to carry some momentum into our usually good second half.

Dude, what the hell is "the cheat." (Sorry for going off topic on your thread soxrus) Is this some cartoon character popular in Australia......I never heard of it before but always seen it in your avatar/sig.

Agreed... I cringed watching him say that.  While I thinkeveryone needs to be on won page.  And the manager has to have the say in the clubhouse.  That was not the best way to introduce yourself to a new team...

That being said i think frank will come in this year with a good attitude, along with Ozzie, and it will be contagious.  The Sox will actually get out to a fast start and be able to carry some momentum into our usually good second half.

Dude, what the hell is "the cheat." (Sorry for going off topic on your thread soxrus) Is this some cartoon character popular in Australia......I never heard of it before but always seen it in your avatar/sig.

Duh!

Talk about your pieces of s***.......all those characters (except strong bad) suck.

And what do these characters do exactly? Is there some sort of online comic strip that features all of them. Cheat says he "helps strong bad cheat".........yeah thats great but cheat with what exactly: homework, taxes

I neva heard of it :huh:

Talk about your pieces of s***.......all those characters (except strong bad) suck.

And what do these characters do exactly? Is there some sort of online comic strip that features all of them. Cheat says he "helps strong bad cheat".........yeah thats great but cheat with what exactly: homework, taxes

Homestarrunner.com is possibly the funniest thing online. Once you look around the site some and learn about each character's personality it's simply hilarious. It has cartoons (some that have commentary and special features which are incredibly funny), games, the strong bad email q & a, all sorts of good stuff.

Another good thing about it is that it's clean comedy that pretty much anyone can enjoy. Not much of that out there these days.

Ozzie is trying a very common strategy by calling Frank out.

My dad pulled this same crap when I was a kid. They call you out, insult you, challenge you, question you, and then they dare you to "PROVE ME WRONG."

I think that's what's going on, IMO. By the way, Ozzie is flying to Las Vegas to meet with Frank at his home this weekend. I just wish I was a fly on the wall for THAT meeting.

Maybe it will be productive beyond our knowledge. Or maybe they will just blow $1000 each on slot machines. Who knows. However, believe me, Ozzie knows that Frank is his biggest challenge and problem. Let's hope they work it out.

We are seeing Ozzie at his best and that's with his motor mouth going. Frank Thomas wants to win as much as Ozzie of that I am certain. If you have a problem with someone, or a potential problem, you meet with that person face-to-face and talk it out. Don't be puffing out your chest to the media. Now, if Frank is told in a face-to-face meeting what's expected and doesn't like it that's too bad for Frank. However, I think the Big Hurt will do what he is supposed to do and that's play baseball like a star and maybe be the team leader. People are too quick to blame Frank Thomas for the Sox failure to win the pennant.

Ozzie is trying a very common strategy by calling Frank out. 

My dad pulled this same crap when I was a kid.  They call you out, insult you, challenge you, question you, and then they dare you to "PROVE ME WRONG."

I think that's what's going on, IMO. By the way, Ozzie is flying to Las Vegas to meet with Frank at his home this weekend.  I just wish I was a fly on the wall for THAT meeting. 

Maybe it will be productive beyond our knowledge.  Or maybe they will just blow $1000 each on slot machines.  Who knows. However, believe me, Ozzie knows that Frank is his biggest challenge and problem.  Let's hope they work it out.

Past, you are right..... he is challenging Frank........ trying to light a fire...

Ozzie hopes to meet with Frank this weekend, but he is going out to Vegas for the Sox Organizational Meetings that begin tomorrow. Frank is not the purpose of the trip, however, he could be the most important part of it.

We are seeing Ozzie at his best and that's with his motor mouth going. Frank Thomas wants to win as much as Ozzie of that I am certain. If you have a problem with someone, or a potential problem, you meet with that person face-to-face and talk it out. Don't be puffing out your chest to the media. Now, if Frank is told in a face-to-face meeting what's expected and doesn't like it that's too bad for Frank. However, I think the Big Hurt will do what he is supposed to do and that's play baseball like a star and maybe be the team leader. People are too quick to blame Frank Thomas for the Sox failure to win the pennant.

Now that Jerry Manuel's gone, who else are we gonna blame? :huh:

;)

Frank has about 4 months to have his feelings heal, and they will. This team quit last season and I have no problem with Ozzie calling out Frank or anyone else. Maybe a little bit of public questioning is what this team needs. It's like the Seinfeld episode where George decided to do the opposite of what his instincts tell him. Do the opposite of what Jerry Manuel did, as that must therefore be right.