Who Is Cabrera

The_Godfather

Just wondering who the hell this caberra guy is that everyone is talking about us getting to play short next season. I have looked through all the free agents and cant find this guy.

Orlando Cabrera, and some of the nimrods here say we trade with Montreal to get him.

I hope you guys are not talking about the Miguel cabrera from the marlins!!! LOL that would be the f***ing dumbest s*** on this board. Why would they trade him when he is only 20 and showed how much promise he has during the most important time of the year i.e the postseason. He is their top prospect there is 0 chance of seeing him in a Sox uni next year lets please wake up people!!!! :bang

Ya never heard of Orlando Cabrera? He is a solid SS. Keep in mind the Expos cannot afford everyone on that team; look at Vlad, Vazquez, Tatis, Vidro, Hernandez, Wilkerson and everyone else. I think we could get Cabrera, ofcourse I haven't seen him on any FA lists either.

do you have a link that says he's a free agents casue I have looked at every site and not one of them have him listed as a free agent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stat...ts?statsId=5900

It looks like he should be, or he is damned close. He has been in the league since 1997, and it looks like he should have 6 years of service.

Orlando Cabrera, and some of the nimrods here say we trade with Montreal to get him.

Well let's see, he is a FA after next season. The Expos have a set payroll. They have limited funds, and like cheap, young players. We could ship them guys like Rowand or Harris and some other stuff for Cabrera. It is very possible, more so than Tejada or Matsui.

No need for Orlando Cabrera now, we got our 5 million dollar man back, Mr. Jose Valentin!!!! :puke

This f***ing organization, I swear, every time you think they are starting to turn the corner and become smart, they just turn around and go act like assclowns again. I'm not fond of the Guillen hiring....I personally don't think the players will listen to him and we'll end up worse then we were last year. I mean, do you honestly think that Frank Thomas, who was damn close to becoming a baseball immortal when Ozzie played with the White Sox, is going to listen to him? I personally do not think so. I think he'll lose this team from the get-go, and we'll struggle to win 70 games. The only couple players I think will play better because of Ozzie are Carlos and then the young guys(like Harris, Olivo, Rowand, Garland, Wright, etc). I just don't think Frank will listen to Ozzie at all, and it is going to cause chaos. You know though, I'm OK with that move.

Then they go out and pick up Valentin's option for $5 mill next year. Can someone explain to me the value of a SS with a career average of .246 who averages 25 errors a year who is something like a career .150 hitter right-handed? Thanks.

What the f*** is wrong with the White Sox? :chair :banghead :chair :banghead :chair :banghead :chair :banghead :chair :banghead