Pudge...

Wise Master Buehrle

Yeah, that's true, we could use the money elsewhere...

I was also informed that Sandy was retiring after this year, but if he's back, that's great.

Sandy said in the papers today his agent and the Sox we're talking, and they we're real close to a deal.

I think Sandy will be a coach on the team when he's done playing.

Yeah, that's true, we could use the money elsewhere...

I was also informed that Sandy was retiring after this year, but if he's back, that's great.

Sandy said in the papers today his agent and the Sox we're talking, and they we're real close to a deal.

Ya, he said he told the White Sox to take care of what they need to first and that he will wait for them. Both parties know eachother will be back so the Sox will take care of more pressing issues first.

Sandy will be a coach after this season.

Cost of Olivo: 300K

Cost of Pudge: 7 Mil +

Money we'd save to use on pitching: PRICELESS

That goes down the drain if we use the money on Valentin..... :angry:

That Valentin rumor better not be true, we need to strengthen our bullpen and add another solid starter.

CWSOX45

I don't know if Pudge and Ozzie had a good relationship out in Florida

I always thought they had a good relationship in Chicago.

Of course Pudge hasn't played since 1994.

Every White Sox fan knows there is only ONE Pudge, and he wore 72 and never played for no Marlins or Rangers.

I think that is one reason we got him back - I agree that Sandy will be coaching for us within a few years - 2nd generation coach too - Sandy has been preparing to coach all through his playing days, which I deeply respect

I don't know if Pudge and Ozzie had a good relationship out in Florida, but I am assuming that they did. If you look at it like I do, there is a very good chance we could snag Pudge. KW has done surprising moves like this before, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Anyone have thoughts ?

Well, it would shock the absolute f*** out of me.

Hey Rex, can you tell me what guys in AAA or even AA can make a contribution to our bullpen next year? I know there is Sanders/Ginter/Munoz.... :headbang

Valentine, Almonte, Ring, no wait.............

You named the most obvious ones.... depending on how they are used, you could add Diaz, Adkins, Yofu and Pacheco to that list...

Long shots could be Bullard or Bajenaru.

That is all that comes to mind off the top of my head.

I always thought they had a good relationship in Chicago.

Of course Pudge hasn't played since 1994.

Every White Sox fan knows there is only ONE Pudge, and he wore 72 and never played for no Marlins or Rangers.

I was going to respond similarly. But, I knew someone would beat me to it. :cheers

If Pudge plays a bit of 1B and DH next year, which lets Olivo still grow as a Catcher, and we ship out Konerko and Koch, then maybe just maybe we mite hav a remote chance of signing him, if he comes at a discount for playin for Ozzie. Who's his agent? Hopefully, not Scott Boras. :D

If Pudge plays a bit of 1B and DH next year, which lets Olivo still grow as a Catcher, and we ship out Konerko and Koch, then maybe just maybe we mite hav a remote chance of signing him, if he comes at a discount for playin for Ozzie. Who's his agent? Hopefully, not Scott Boras.  :D

I'd love to have him, but I think IRod is a luxury we can't afford. The money should be spent on pitching.