2024 MLB News not AL Central related

flavum

On 6/10/2024 at 10:36 PM, Pale Sox said:

I know this won’t be poplular. 

I tuned into the Padres/A’s game after the Sox blowing it. And I hear a girl announcer? 

I don’t get it. Get your own s%*#. Women’s sports exist. Support them. 

If they are qualified for the job, why would their gender matter?

On 6/12/2024 at 2:35 PM, Snopek said:

If they are qualified for the job, why would their gender matter?

If their voice is shrill, they are not qualified. If they talk too much, they are not qualified.

3 hours ago, oldsox said:

If their voice is shrill, they are not qualified. If they talk too much, they are not qualified.

Surely other females exist outside of Fran Drescher.

But anyway, if unpleasant voice and talking too much are actual requirements for the job, then there are many males currently with jobs that are also unqualified.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2024 at 12:36 AM, Pale Sox said:

I know this won’t be poplular. 

I tuned into the Padres/A’s game after the Sox blowing it. And I hear a girl announcer? 

I don’t get it. Get your own s%*#. Women’s sports exist. Support them. 

The hell?

You suck.

Good or bad look for the MLB: Hiring Dante Bichette for a Father's Day event? His oldest son (also a former pro) is pretty vehement that he was abusive. Sports Illustrated also wrote an article in 1995 that quotes a police deputy's account of him beating up his pregnant teenage wife (was a 27-year-old impregnating an 18-year-old weird in 1992? I think so). Bo doesn't seem to talk about this guy but the brother says he didn't get beatings because he didn't seem quite as gay. MLB's response to this is to block Dante Jr on all of its social media! Ripken Jr. doesn't come out looking too good either.

I wonder if any MLB-adjacent journalist like Boob or Passan will investigate this allegation. I would assume not because they know how their bread is buttered, by brown-nosing the industry they're supposed to report on and hold accountable.

On 6/15/2024 at 12:07 AM, Snopek said:

Surely other females exist outside of Fran Drescher.

But anyway, if unpleasant voice and talking too much are actual requirements for the job, then there are many males currently with jobs that are also unqualified.

Such as our very own play by play...

14 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

https://twitter.com/mlbpa_news/status/1804895519740719573?s=46

MLBPA followed up with this statement. He claims he got popped for taking a female infertility drug his doctor allegedly gave him. Should be fairly easy to verify if he is indeed doing family planning.

However, I'm left wondering two things. Rejun 50 is a female infertility drug designed to release hormones that stimulate ovulation. Why would a man take that drug? Second, why is a 22-year-old consulting fertility doctors in the first place? Do that s%*# when you're 40, Orelvis, you don't need a child that bad. At least get married first, I thought they were all Catholics over there. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8Fn37RumVJ/?img_index=1

Disgusting if true (why would she be lying about it?). This woman posted this June 11th, presumably wrote to FSN before that, and Monroe subsequently hasn't worked a game "for personal reasons" since June 9th. The team said to "ask Craig" why. Wow. Let's give a shoutout to our Stone Pony for being kind of a dick but not a child molester. 

On 6/15/2024 at 4:04 PM, Leonard Washington said:

It was poorly worded ramblings of a drunk, frustrated idiot. I’ll take the L and apologize on that one. 

To be fair, im pretty sure shes terrible at the job as I have seen a ton of memes of her terrible calls.