2024 Old Sock Drawer

Quin

Posted (edited)

Cease, first 8 starts: 49.1 IP, 2.19 ERA, 2 HR, 12ER, 0.75 WHIP

Cease, last 10 starts: 52.2 IP, 6.15 ERA, 11 HR, 36ER, 1.46 WHIP

The latter line includes a 7IP/0ER start he had last week...but also 4 starts where he went < 5IP and 5 starts where he gave up more than 4ER. Gave up a homer in 7/10, and 2+ homers in 4/10 which is causing a lot of the damage.

GRj2virbwAA00Sp?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Autumn Dreamin

Christian Mena had  his major league debut. He now sits at -.2 WAR.  
For all of the preening that Arizona Twitter does about him, he hadn’t been very good in AAA either. 
he was always inconsistent with the Sox.  I had figured that Arizona would settle hm  back down in AA and let him develop

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Christian Mena had  his major league debut. He now sits at -.2 WAR.  
For all of the preening that Arizona Twitter does about him, he hadn’t been very good in AAA either. 
he was always inconsistent with the Sox.  I had figured that Arizona would settle hm  back down in AA and let him develop

Maybe his struggles will force them back onto the trade market for ANOTHER White Sox pitcher, lol.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 4:34 AM, Autumn Dreamin said:

You basically foreshadowed his walkoff against Kopech into being, lol...2/10 before that at-bat.

“I think in that scenario, [my mindset is that] the last four at-bats don’t mean anything. Just try to win as many pitches as you can.” Burger said. “I was fortunate to get a pitch I could do something with.” Burger’s home run came off reliever Michael Kopech, someone Burger knows well from his time in Chicago.

[Kopech] is an awesome pitcher and an awesome person,” the third baseman said. “Him and I spent a lot of time rehabbing together. Obviously it’s a cool moment, but it’s also [against] a good friend.” While Burger’s hit will soak all the attention, this series featured other notable storylines

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article289772759.html#storylink=cpy

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article289772759.html#storylink=cpy

On 7/8/2024 at 4:27 AM, caulfield12 said:

You basically foreshadowed his walkoff against Kopech into being, lol...2/10 before that at-bat.

“I think in that scenario, [my mindset is that] the last four at-bats don’t mean anything. Just try to win as many pitches as you can.” Burger said. “I was fortunate to get a pitch I could do something with.” Burger’s home run came off reliever Michael Kopech, someone Burger knows well from his time in Chicago.

[Kopech] is an awesome pitcher and an awesome person,” the third baseman said. “Him and I spent a lot of time rehabbing together. Obviously it’s a cool moment, but it’s also [against] a good friend.” While Burger’s hit will soak all the attention, this series featured other notable storylines

Jake Burger would have fit right in with the 2024 White Sox.

Got Injured? Check

OPS under .650? Check

Negative war? Check

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2024 at 8:06 AM, oldsox said:

Cease had a big game.  7 innings, 1 hit, no runs.

I was at the game. He was magnificent. It was quite the show to watch. Guardians fans were PISSED. Especially at the umpire lol.