Chasing Records — 120 losses secured!

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 6:53 PM, southsider2k5 said:

-113 after tonight. What's the worst 162 game run differential of all time? Has to be another record they will approach, right? Like, at this pace, they will be well over -300 before the season even ends.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

-113 after tonight. What's the worst 162 game rum differential of all time? Has to be another record they will approach, right?Like, at this pace, they will be well over -300 before the season even ends.

Someone previously said 349.

• Like 1

The Chicago Cubs set a Major League Baseball (MLB) record by using 69 players in 2021. That broke the previous mark of 67 players used by the Seattle Mariners in 2019. The Mariners also used a record 42 pitchers in 2019.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/341585-most-players-used-by-a-team-in-a-major-league-baseball-mlb-season

Wondering if we can break these.

• Paper Bag 1

6 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

FG expected wins now 58-104. Congrats on anybody that was able to get the under at anything above 62. There isn't a shot in hell we win 63 games. I'd probably say it's more likely we win 43 than 63 at this point.

I don’t know why they’re even projecting that many wins at this point. They’re on pace for 118 losses right now.

And just as with last season, they will trade the halfway decent players and likely be even worse down the stretch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I don’t know why they’re even projecting that many wins at this point. They’re on pace for 118 losses right now.

And just as with last season, they will trade the halfway decent players and likely be even worse down the stretch.

I'm with you. I think a team as bad as the Sox just is not something a projection system sees very often. There is every reason to believe this team really is a unicorn that will lose 110 plus. As I said I think it's more likely we lose 120 than win 60.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I'm a Detroit Lions, UM sports, Bulls, Sox, and then dad was a ND, Bears, Sox, Blackhawks fan. I don't follow the hockey so much so can't tell you anything there but I think this season is probably approaching the Millen era Lions season as the ultimate top 5 or so failures in modern (so post like 1975) big time money American sports. 

That Lions team was maybe the worst pro team of all time in our era, but this Sox team is up there. The 2003 Tigers are up there as well. Detroit appears way too often on this list but thankfully I managed to avoid becoming a Pistons and Tigers fan. Lions got me tho.

That Lions team was uniquely bad and cursed, we'll see if this White Sox team can top it.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1