Chasing Records — 121 losses, modern MLB record

2 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

Here’s a question: has an MLB team ever won fewer games in its season than its city’s NBA team? Because that’s about to happen.

The 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 Pistons both won more than the 2003 Tigers.  But I don’t see the Bulls pushing .500 this year so I think the Sox edge them out. 

3 hours ago, JoeC said:

Dumb decisions can prevent that one win. 

Could help prevent that one win, but the fact that White Sox games effectively end offensively after seven innings and completely disintegrate when leading is a clear indication that this is the worst MLB roster of all time.  0-94 when trailing after 7 and 0-68 after 6 actually might be a more impressively futile stat than 120 losses and that’s saying something.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

The 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 Pistons both won more than the 2003 Tigers.  But I don’t see the Bulls pushing .500 this year so I think the Sox edge them out. 

Yeah, I was looking at the 2023/2024 Bulls season, in which they won 39 games. Sox need to split their final 6 to match it.

Yeah, I forgot just how pathetic the Tigers of the early 2000’s were 😬

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Detroit has snuck into a wild card spot 1 game ahead of the Twins, so the odds of them needing every win and treating the last series like playoff games are high.

I believe when Detroit had the chance to own the record, the Twins and Royals lost the final two series to them and allowed them to avoid infamy.  So I’m sure the AL Central favor will be returned 😂

• Like 1

Man, its such sweet justice that JR sat there and justified not doing a real GM search and hiring Getz because he already knew the organization and we couldn't waste a year with an outsider getting to know everything anddddddd they come out and have the worst season in baseball history.

• Paper Bag 1

2 minutes ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

And the sad thing is they got to draft Verlander for their troubles after their 119 loss season. We get to draft 10th...

That's because MLB considers the CHICAGO White Sox a major market team that gets no revenue sharing money.

Unfortunately JR considers his franchise a small market club and feels players make far to much money as it is.

The draft rules were changed in an effort to stop tanking...to bad that doesn't move the needle for JR one single inch. 

On 9/23/2024 at 11:14 AM, Rusty said:

Could help prevent that one win, but the fact that White Sox games effectively end offensively after seven innings and completely disintegrate when leading is a clear indication that this is the worst MLB roster of all time.  0-94 when trailing after 7 and 0-68 after 6 actually might be a more impressively futile stat than 120 losses and that’s saying something.  

One exception finally...