Chasing Records — 120 losses secured!

10 hours ago, JoeC said:

See? If they could just hold onto leads, they’d be 36-25. Just keep the other team from scoring. Problem solved!

Are you Chris Getz in disguise?

32 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

I thought so but couldn't resist!

Maybe the more appropriate response from me would have been to declare that I am not going to take that.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz knows the org.  We can expect to be back to .500 next season.

If he really knew the org, he’d never have taken the job.

10 minutes ago, JoeC said:

If he really knew the org, he’d never have taken the job.

People say stuff like this, but essentially no one is turning this job down, especially someone still climbing the ladder like Getz.  This might be his only shot at the big time, of course he is taking it, even if the prospects are awful.  Guys like Theo Epstein?  Sure they could turn down a job.  Guys like Chris Getz?  Not going to happen.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I wanna believe in them, but they're totally gonna screw this up and win tonight. 

Yeah, go look at the lineup and starter and rest easy my friend.

• Haha 1

Well Boston is 31-31. You'd think they'd want to beat us up and get their season going. Losses to the Sox would not be good for their team. Sox might be due for a win.

5 hours ago, Snopek said:

I wanna believe in them, but they're totally gonna screw this up and win tonight. 

There are still quite a few innings left, but I’m pretty sure they’re not winning.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

People say stuff like this, but essentially no one is turning this job down, especially someone still climbing the ladder like Getz.  This might be his only shot at the big time, of course he is taking it, even if the prospects are awful.  Guys like Theo Epstein?  Sure they could turn down a job.  Guys like Chris Getz?  Not going to happen.

That’s where I’m disagreeing. Guys with no real shot that are looking for their big break, sure they’ll take it. But nobody with any buzz, or any pedigree, or really any up and comer is taking it.

Target acquired.  14 consecutive loss record hit with ease.

Now let’s see how low they can go.

But what’s the non-shutout streak at?  Anyone know?  That’s an equally important statistic.

Let’s try to track both in this thread…

2 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

It's absolutely amazing that three teams have been worse than the White Sox over the last six weeks. Jesus.

Just offensively.