Chasing Records

It is astonishing how bad this season is. Like you think you think there isn't much difference between a bad season and a terrible one, but then you get this historically bad run (without even getting a #1 pick) and it is just horrendous. 

When we had that run of around .500 there was this thought that we were stabilizing and turning around. But every team has runs in the season of .500. It's just bad teams surround it by losing streaks and good teams with winning streaks. White sox are surrounding it with month long losing streaks. I don't even remember winning in july?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bmags said:

It is astonishing how bad this season is. Like you think you think there isn't much difference between a bad season and a terrible one, but then you get this historically bad run (without even getting a #1 pick) and it is just horrendous. 

When we had that run of around .500 there was this thought that we were stabilizing and turning around. But every team has runs in the season of .500. It's just bad teams surround it by losing streaks and good teams with winning streaks. White sox are surrounding it with month long losing streaks. I don't even remember winning in july?

That's because they're 3-14 in July and haven't won a game since the 10th

• Like 1

The only thing to look forward to after the trade deadline is  call ups.

Not sure if was a podcast or on the board here at Soxtalk, but it was mentioned to keep the young players/call ups away from Pedro and any influence he has left. Do we want Pedro molding future White Sox ballplayers? hell no.

Just now, Falstaff said:

Not sure if was a podcast or on the board here at Soxtalk, but it was mentioned to keep the young players/call ups away from Pedro and any influence he has left. Do we want Pedro molding future White Sox ballplayers? hell no.

Some people you can just smell the loser all over them. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a plume of Grifols stink that can be seen on Doppler.

God…how much weight was haber pulling for this org? Guy may have been worth 30 wins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Some people you can just smell the loser all over them. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a plume of Grifols stink that can be seen on Doppler.

God…how much weight was haber pulling for this org? Guy may have been worth 30 wins.

The Rate is going to need a complete power washing , top to bottom , after the season

10 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz has that GM of the year award just about locked up.

There probably isn't an organization in the world other than this one that would let this crap stand and do nothing. I don't care if Getz has been here less than a year, proof is he sucks. Are they waiting for Pedro to be 100 under .500 to launch him? It's insane they are still around. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

There probably isn't an organization in the world other than this one that would let this crap stand and do nothing. I don't care if Getz has been here less than a year, proof is he sucks. Are they waiting for Pedro to be 100 under .500 to launch him? It's insane they are still around. 

He accepted a promotion to a position that not one other MLB would have even considered him for, with the caveat that he truly doesn’t have any power and JR makes all the big decisions.  He sold his soul for his new gig and now he has to own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falstaff said:

…have you met Nick Senzel?

I think we may see more 2-year reclamation projects like him in some cases.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The problem I have with this organization is that it gives the impression it doesn't care. They are going to have their second straight 100-loss year, something that has never happened in franchise history. What kind of history is that? Then they sign Nick Senzel and keep Pedro even though it is obvious he only makes a bad situation worse. Then Getz goes around saying the rebuild is going a long time. How long? 2030 when the new stadium opens?

I have been a fan for decades, and I have never seen it this bad. There is really no reason for a fan to go out to the ballpark. There is nothing to see and a good future is somewhere off in the darkness.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

It is pretty impressive to manage to subtract 20 wins from a 100 loss team, but here we are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

This is the most frustrating part. Grifol should have been fired when this team started 3-22. Its completely unacceptable. There is no benefit what so ever to keeping him through the end of the season, however, there was at least a chance this team could have been slightly better with a change in leadership.

This team was going to be bad regardless, but if you could have given yourself a chance to not be the worst team in baseball history, they should have had enough pride to try and avoid that. Instead, they are content with this disaster.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, T R U said:

This is the most frustrating part. Grifol should have been fired when this team started 3-22. Its completely unacceptable. There is no benefit what so ever to keeping him through the end of the season, however, there was at least a chance this team could have been slightly better with a change in leadership.

This team was going to be bad regardless, but if you could have given yourself a chance to not be the worst team in baseball history, they should have had enough pride to try and avoid that. Instead, they are content with this disaster.

Yeah, and this losing streak is happening after it was "stabilized". Pham was brought in, Eloy is back. Vaughn isn't ice cold (maybe he is I can't bother to look). Our pitching has 3 legit starting pitchers.

Despite that, it's still same old garbage where the team built for improved fundamentals is still getting laughed at on defense with baserunning miscues and poor choices. It's a joke.

18 minutes ago, T R U said:

None of the management of this organization deserves their job.  Getz, Griffol, etc.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

None of the management of this organization deserves their job.  Getz, Griffol, etc.

The absolute worst decision that was made was JR saying he couldn't afford to lose time. Hell, I would be way more accepting of a 120 loss season had he tore this thing down to the studs and had a very thorough search for an entire new baseball operation.

Instead, what is happening right now is what he said he was avoiding with the hiring of Getz.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1