Chasing Records

On 8/20/2024 at 12:54 PM, baseball_gal_aly said:

I thought there was a good chance they lost 110+ and pushed 120.

By the time I got down the book it was 59.5 for the O/U and I swear if it had been 60.5 I would have bit. There's just something about betting on a team to lose 103 games, even one as bad as the Sox, that seems absurd.

I should have trusted my gut. Hell, should have juiced it up to under 45.

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

100 before September is incredible, really

1962 Mets and the 2003 Tigers lost 100 before September. Sox did it with a week left in August. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

• Paper Bag 2

On 7/28/2024 at 5:37 PM, flavum said:

100th loss…August 25 vs Tigers

So, 4 weeks ago I predicted a “major league” team would go 4-18 the next 22, and then lose on August 25th. And by golly, they did. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

How do they need to finish to avoid the worst record of all time record?

In my opinion 40-122 would be the modern record, so 10-21 the last 31. I’m thinking they get a few wins more than usual when they get down to the last 15. We’ll see how bad the next 16 go. I’m hoping for under 40 wins. Let’s go all the way with this thing. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

In my opinion 40-122 would be the modern record, so 10-21 the last 31. I’m thinking they get a few wins more than usual when they get down to the last 15. We’ll see how bad the next 16 go. I’m hoping for under 40 wins. Let’s go all the way with this thing. 

Same

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

How do they need to finish to avoid the worst record of all time record?

I don't think any team is breaking the 134 loss Spiders' record, but they have a real shot to crack 120 and own the modern era record.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I don't think any team is breaking the 134 loss Spiders' record, but they have a real shot to crack 120 and own the modern era record.

If they break the Spiders' record, fire every single member of baseball operations.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If they manage to lose 134 games, fire them directly into the sun.

That would be impressive to lose another 34 games out of the next 31.

Like, we'll find out that some player's contract was invalid, or that Pedro wrote "OK" in the lineup card in a space that says "leave this space blank" or something.

That would be impressive.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

It really is unbelievable how bad they are. Teams trying to be awful aren't this bad. This team has the highest payroll in the division. Every other team in the division is at least 34 games better than them and it's still August. I could never have imagined the White Sox would ever be anywhere near 31-100.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1