Chasing Records

On 8/26/2024 at 12:17 PM, southsider2k5 said:

If they manage to lose 134 games, fire them directly into the sun.

Next year Chris will have more deals toward The Mark Of The Spider. 

I don't see them winning 9 games over these last 30.

@ Baltimore (3), @ Boston (3), Vs. Cleveland (3), @ San Diego (3), @ Detroit (3) is 15 games against people still fighting for playoff positioning. I think Baltimore, Boston, and San Diego all sweep them at home. They take 1 from Cleveland and Detroit to go 2-13 here.

Vs Texas (3), Vs New York Mets (3), Vs Oakland (3), @ Los Angeles Angels (3), Vs. Los Angeles Angels (3) is 15 games against bad teams that are still way better than our bad team. 5-10 here. That puts them at 38 wins as my guess.

It will be very surprising to see them get to 40 wins.

Edited by T R U

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

A reminder that their reward for this is picking 10th.

They aren't even in purgatory. They're in hell.

And they’re going to be just as bad next year.  Attendance is going to be crazy awful, and JR will keep using that as a reason to not invest in the team.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

And they’re going to be just as bad next year.  Attendance is going to be crazy awful, and JR will keep using that as a reason to not invest in the team.

And we'll also hear him (or his organization stooges) come out and say, "Hey give us two billion dollars, build us a new stadium and everything will turn around...trust us!" 😆

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, fathom said:

Chris Getz will have the worst win percentage of any GM in the history baseball and we'll keep hearing about how it's definitely not his fault.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

In our never ending quest to topple the Cubs for the top spot in the city for baseball I have to think this current team has set us back at least 5 yrs prob longer 

The Sox had multiple chances to usurp the Cubs since the early 80's and every single time they shot themselves in the foot with head scratching, crazy decisions. Although to be fair there were some factors that were outside of their control, for example Tribune Company which owned WGN-TV and radio buying the Cubs. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 5:17 PM, flavum said:

Every 27…

5-22, 10-17, 6-21, 6-21

Incredible. If they match the previous 54 the final 54, it’s a 39-123 season. Um, wow! 

Fire everyone! Sell the team! 10th pick…what a fucking joke. 

And now add 4-23.

Im going to be nice and say 8-19 is left.
123 losses. 

47 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I have at least two blank jerseys. Should they break the record, I’m definitely having the number of losses sewn onto the back of them.

Love it.  You know they’re going to go on a “hot streak” and only get to 119 though just cause.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2024 at 3:34 PM, T R U said:

I don't see them winning 9 games over these last 30.

@ Baltimore (3), @ Boston (3), Vs. Cleveland (3), @ San Diego (3), @ Detroit (3) is 15 games against people still fighting for playoff positioning. I think Baltimore, Boston, and San Diego all sweep them at home. They take 1 from Cleveland and Detroit to go 2-13 here.

Vs Texas (3), Vs New York Mets (3), Vs Oakland (3), @ Los Angeles Angels (3), Vs. Los Angeles Angels (3) is 15 games against bad teams that are still way better than our bad team. 5-10 here. That puts them at 38 wins as my guess.

It will be very surprising to see them get to 40 wins.

I am hoping for 1-26 the rest of the way. Break the loss record by 10.

Edited by Dam8610

2 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

I am hoping for 1-27. Break the loss record by 10.

Well they have already gone 0-3 in the stretch where I thought they could go 5-10. I don't think there is anyway they go 5-7 so I may have to revise my 38 win prediction down a couple notches.

Edited by T R U

If they lose every game between now and then, the White Sox will break the modern era losing streak record on September 17 and the overall losing streak record on September 21. The toughest obstacles the team faces in achieving these milestones are random chance creating a win and right before they would start setting the records, they play 6 games against the 2 worst teams in the AL besides the White Sox, the A's and the Angels. If they lose every game between now and the A's series, they'll have a 19 game losing streak heading into the series.