Chasing Records

Angels have 5-10X the offense of the White Sox and something approximating a young core of solid position players.

That's not even getting into offense, bullpen, defense/fundamentals/execution.

The only advantage might be in some of the starting pitching matchups, but Crochet is always limited to 4 innings, leaving 5 innings for the renowned Sox bullpen to cover.

7 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Guys, if they lose the next 6 straight, they can break the all-time loss record and the record for most 10-game losing streaks in the same game.

Too perfect to actually happen though.

Oh man, and Cease’s spot in the rotation is scheduled for the game before this. All we need is one rainout for the Padres in the meantime to make this a perfect storm.

I need to do something about this erection before work or I’m in big trouble.

6 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

I still worry the Angels will roll over and screw up our march to infamy.

The Sox can only lose 5 more times to prevent it now.  I just don’t see the angels letting the Sox smoke them for 6 games and also the Sox -not- losing to San Diego and Detroit.  The fact that the Sox have to go 9-5 to close the year out means it’s done, to me.  Not one time this year have they approached that kind of “winning”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The Sox can only lose 5 more times to prevent it now.  I just don’t see the angels letting the Sox smoke them for 6 games and also the Sox -not- losing to San Diego and Detroit.  The fact that the Sox have to go 9-5 to close the year out means it’s done, to me.  Not one time this year have they approached that kind of “winning”

They haven’t even won 9 games over the last 2 and a half months there’s no chance they win 9 over the next 2 weeks. I’m glad this happened, they deserved it.