Chasing Records

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

But Rick Hahn was once American League Executive of the Year.

Yoan Moncada was a Twinkie loving Triple Crown winner waiting to happen, Robert was destined to be Trout Lite and TA7 wasn't a ghost in RCF in the Iowa corn Fields along with Ray Liotta and Moonlight Graham.

Even Robin Ventura's 2012 fade to DET (12 or 13 rookie pitchers and solid defense) season stands out as a line of demarcation there.

Edited by caulfield12

Braves must not exactly be enamored with the Sox lying down for the Mets...

When all is said and done, any game that SD AZ ATL NYM or Cubs would have lost to the White Sox might easily prove to be the decisive swing in the WC standings.

White Sox basically gifting 2 out of 3 WC spots to the AL CENTRAL AS well.

2 hours ago, Big Hurtin said:

good-boy-dance.gif

That video is absolutely amazing and I almost spit out my beer twice with the inclusion of a picture of the Campfire Milkshake and Maldonado’s headshot.  This guy has to be a poster on this site.  🤣

They face the Orioles and Corbin Burnes tomorrow.  Chalk up #108!

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

That video is absolutely amazing and I almost spit out my beer twice with the inclusion of a picture of the Campfire Milkshake and Maldonado’s headshot.  This guy has to be a poster on this site.  🤣

They face the Orioles and Corbin Burnes tomorrow.  Chalk up #108!

Burnes with a 7.36 ERA in AUGUST.

Edited by caulfield12

30. White Sox (previously: 30)
Season high: 28 | Season low: 30

We all figured the White Sox would be worse after the All-Star break and especially after the Trade Deadline, considering how bad they were before they sent off their useful pieces. But 4-36 after the All-Star break? 4-36? They now have three different 10-game losing streaks this year, which is almost impressive.

mlb.com

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Burnes with a 7.36 ERA in AUGUST.

Good thing it’s September.

12 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

is-the-poop-deck-what-i-think-it-is-v0-q

What’s a jib?

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

30. White Sox (previously: 30)
Season high: 28 | Season low: 30

We all figured the White Sox would be worse after the All-Star break and especially after the Trade Deadline, considering how bad they were before they sent off their useful pieces. But 4-36 after the All-Star break? 4-36? They now have three different 10-game losing streaks this year, which is almost impressive.

mlb.com

Almost?

5 hours ago, JoeC said:

I hope this team wins a game soon so they have a legitimate shot at having four double-digit losing streaks in the same year.

I’d rather see them lose out, finish with 100 more losses than wins and set an unbreakable record for consecutive losses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JoeC said:

I hope this team wins a game soon so they have a legitimate shot at having four double-digit losing streaks in the same year.

No, it's much more important to break the all-time losing streak record. This is the last chance this team has.

• Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, Dam8610 said:

No, it's much more important to break the all-time losing streak record. This is the last chance this team has.

Both of these can be accomplished, winning one game doesn’t change that math