Chasing Records

29 minutes ago, T R U said:

They need to go 12-10 to avoid 120 losses, zero chance that happens. They most likely go 5-17 and finish with 126 losses. And I think 5 is generous, this team has nothing. 

They’ve won 4 games since July 10.  How in the world are they winning 5 in the next three plus weeks?  
If you set the over/under at 3.5 for the rest of the year I think I’d take the under.  I might consider the under at .5 if I got some odds.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JTB said:

They’ve won 4 games since July 10.  How in the world are they winning 5 in the next three plus weeks?  
If you set the over/under at 3.5 for the rest of the year I think I’d take the under.  I might consider the under at .5 if I got some odds.

I mean you're not wrong, but they still play the A's and Angels 9 times over the rest of the season and they are winning 3-4 games per month so it will be close.

51 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Pretty sure I saw somewhere that the A’s are playing good baseball.

could be inflated because they played the Sox.

The A’s are 24-17 since the all star break.

The Angels are still terrible though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Wow, a terrible player with zero power repeats his recent terrible season with no homeruns and you acquire him, overpay him, and all but announce he’s your starting 2B after you acquire him?  That’s some quality GM’ing!  Even better that you already saw a similar player in Madrigal with higher draft stock and quickly dumped his ass.

On 9/10/2024 at 1:54 AM, southsider2k5 said:

Of the bottom 6 in terms of decreases, 3 are legit playoff possibilities.

Braves and Astros fans have been spoiled for so long...pretty challenging not to get complacent with success.

Mets threatening to be the craziest "accidentally competing" story of the entire season, along with all the teams in the White Sox' division, almost.