Chasing Records

“Eh, they still have the A’s and Angels coming up. I could see them winning as many as 4 games between those series. They are out of contention too.”

Crap, I said this last week and it’s coming true. I don’t want them to claw back and save face for JR. Hard to believe how much other teams are capable of sucking.

10 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

“Eh, they still have the A’s and Angels coming up. I could see them winning as many as 4 games between those series. They are out of contention too.”

Crap, I said this last week and it’s coming true. I don’t want them to claw back and save face for JR. Hard to believe how much other teams are capable of sucking.

If they manage to avoid worst ever, they still suck lol

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

This is what you get for your "Hawk, Tua spit on that thing" post.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

While I think it’s way past the point of being able to save face, yeah, these wins are annoying and anticlimactic.

<Insert obligatory comment about how the Sox can’t even lose right>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

I’d be perfectly happy with 121, or preferably 122, losses. I don’t need the distinction of a worse winning percentage than a team over a hundred years ago. 121/122 stands out to all hardcore and casual fans alike.

Eh, we’ve come this far…let’s get it all. Sox were an AL team in 1916, so it should count for something. Split with the Angels, get swept by the Padres and Tigers and finish 38-124 (.2345679).

• Like 2

On 3/31/2024 at 4:02 PM, Paulie4Pres said:

I think we can all agree that this is one of the worst White Sox teams ever assembled. I say we have some fun with it. So, let's hear it. What records in futility can the Sox realistically chase this season?

Consecutive losses to start a season?

Least runs scored in a season? 

Most times swept in a season?

Lowest team batting average?

Most times striking out?

Least number of walks?

Most losses for a White Sox team?

Most times shutout?

On 9/17/2024 at 8:26 AM, Milkman delivers said:

California tried to help them out today.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

I’d be perfectly happy with 121, or preferably 122, losses. I don’t need the distinction of a worse winning percentage than a team over a hundred years ago. 121/122 stands out to all hardcore and casual fans alike.

39-123 removes all debate when comparing with the Mets.  That’s the record I’m hoping for.  Anything after that is icing on the tombstone.

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

39-123 removes all debate when comparing with the Mets.  That’s the record I’m hoping for.  Anything after that is icing on the tombstone.

I think 40-122 puts you clearly behind the 40-120 Mets. 41-121 has more losses than the Mets but a better winning percentage, that would be a tie in the standings with the White Sox listed ahead. 40-122 puts the White Sox 1 game behind.