4/1 Braves @ White Sox, 1:10pm CT

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So you can still have a guy play behind 2nd? I have no idea what the rules are now.

I believe they have to stay on the dirt and can't be past 2B.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The scout that recommended him, at over slot iirc, in the 2nd round, should be shitcanned.

Go to Baseball Reference. Look at the Sox 2nd round picks the last 50, yes, 50 years. He’s a HOFer on that list.

• Paper Bag 1

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

Just call the fucking game and spare the idiot fans that showed up today the misery...

Sox aren't coming back. They might as well save the players from getting hurt out there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Who woulda predicted Nicky Lopez would be batting .125?

Hey, he put up a 6 WAR once upon a time!

ignore that he and 4 others were traded for Bummer coming off one of his worst seasons

• Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 2

Just now, cuban_sammiches said:

I grew up with a dad that refused to ever leave a game early. I would have left awhile ago.

I've sat through some April games in the 30s, but it was dry. No way in hell I'm sitting out there on a day like this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Who woulda predicted Nicky Lopez would be batting .125?

Or that 7 of the line up today would have an average under .200!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Go to Baseball Reference. Look at the Sox 2nd round picks the last 50, yes, 50 years. He’s a HOFer on that list.

"Gavin Sheets was drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the 37th round of the 2014 MLB June Amateur Draft from Gilman School (Baltimore, MD) and the Chicago White Sox in the 2nd round of the 2017 MLB June Amateur Draft from Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC). $2,000,000 signing bonus."

Braves are usually draft geniuses lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Autographed-Rawlings-Baseball-Beckett/dp/B09GBM64WP

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

"Gavin Sheets was drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the 37th round of the 2014 MLB June Amateur Draft from Gilman School (Baltimore, MD) and the Chicago White Sox in the 2nd round of the 2017 MLB June Amateur Draft from Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC). $2,000,000 signing bonus."

Braves are usually draft geniuses lol.

37th round.... so.... 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

But the meaning of his message still holds true.  How many games does a manager have to lose consecutively to start the season to get fired, when he already should’ve been fired?

Evidently it was an April fools prank?