OFFICIAL: We want your ideas...

Heads22

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how practical this is, but is there anyway to make a printer friendly mode to print a copy of a post or thread off with?

We already have one. Click on Print this Topic in the upper right hand corner of the first post.

How about some RSS feeds for the board.  One for the most recent posts overall, one for each of the boards, maybe even a feed for each thread so you could subscribe to threads of particular interest.

In the top of a particular topic you can hit track this post and that will subsribe you. I also think you can do that with boards. Their is also a subscriptions area in your user control areas. Its called something like Subscriptions or Subscription Settings.

IS that what RSS is?

How about having a banner that moves across the top of the screen on the main page that announces major sox news? And during the season it could give the score of the sox game or start time and starting pitchers if it hasn't started. I have seen this sort of feature on boards before and I think it would be great. Imagine coming here and seeing "WhiteSox send Magglio packing to NY, add Soriano and Johnson to club" What do you all think?

How about having a banner that moves across the top of the screen on the main page that announces major sox news?  And during the season it could give the score of the sox game or start time and starting pitchers if it hasn't started.  I have seen this sort of feature on boards before and I think it would be great.  Imagine coming here and seeing "WhiteSox send Magglio packing to NY, add Soriano and Johnson to club"  What do you all think?

Good idea :headbang

In the top of a particular topic you can hit track this post and that will subsribe you.  I also think you can do that with boards.  Their is also a subscriptions area in your user control areas.  Its called something like Subscriptions or Subscription Settings. 

IS that what RSS is?

No an RSS feed is much cooler than the current subscribe feature, all that does is email you when there's a new post. With an RSS feed I can do whatever I want with it. I could use it in my own homepage to show the 10 newest posts at soxtalk and provide links and it would always be updated. Or I could subscibe to it using an rss fee reader like Feed Demon as an easier way to stay updated with the board.