Gamethread (4/6)

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

WE SUCK. JESUS JUST WHEN YOU POSSIBLY THINK IT CAN'T SUCK MORE WE DO!

This is the worst offense I’ve ever seen.  Funny thing is they will blame the Robert Jr injury for everything 

• Like 2

Not home, but the fact the MLB app just recommended an Aaron Judge highlight in My Highlights section, which is only White Sox content.

It figured I needed something fun to watch.

• Love 1

Just now, Quin said:

Not home, but the fact the MLB app just recommended an Aaron Judge highlight in My Highlights section, which is only White Sox content.

It figured I needed something fun to watch.

Give a month, you'll be getting mental health awareness reminders and positive affirmations from the fucking app.

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

Just now, fathom said:

This is the worst offense I’ve ever seen.  Funny thing is they will blame the Robert Jr injury for everything 

Martin Maldonado is going to strikeout in solidarity.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I predicted before the season that we might not hit 100 HR. I did not however predict we might not score 500 runs. We're on pace for about 300. 

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The offense is historically bad but there’s no doubt the pitching/defense has improved. Too bad the former top mlb prospects - Eloy, Robert, Vaughn, Moncada - can’t hit / stay healthy.

not sure the pitching has improved we've mostly just played s%*# teams. fWAR wise we had like 10 last year from the pitching. i'm struggling to see how we can there with this bunch, unless Crochet is just like a fucking unicorn and puts up 6 himself in 150 innings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

not sure the pitching has improved we've mostly just played s%*# teams. fWAR wise we had like 10 last year from the pitching. i'm struggling to see how we can there with this bunch, unless Crochet is just like a fucking unicorn and puts up 6 himself in 150 innings. 

s%*# teams? Not sure about that. Tigers look decent, Braves are likely a top 3 offense in MLB, and Royals averaged 4 runs/game against Twins/Orioles (not great but not terrible either).

One time our jackass DIII coach was so embarrassed a better team that had actual baseball talent was winning big, so he just ordered us to go up and swing at every pitch until we made an out so we could all go home faster.

I'm not sure if you told the Sox that they'd do any different.

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The offense is historically bad but there’s no doubt the pitching/defense has improved. Too bad the former top mlb prospects - Eloy, Robert, Vaughn, Moncada - can’t hit / stay healthy.

The only chance the offense had this year was Robert/Moncada/Eloy playing the vast majority of the year and actually finding their next level (Eloy and Moncada at least), and then you needed Vaughn to improve and Benintendi to have some form of a pulse. None of those things are happening. But I agree - the defense and pitching has looked better.

• Like 1

Just now, PaleAleSox said:

The only chance the offense had this year was Robert/Moncada/Eloy playing the vast majority of the year and actually finding their next level (Eloy and Moncada at least), and then you needed Vaughn to improve and Benintendi to have some form of a pulse. None of those things are happening. But I agree - the defense and pitching has looked better.

That still would have been an offense with too many bad hitters