4/9 Games

I think the Sox affiliate branding is pretty great, but when a minor league team decides to in the opposite direction it needs to really lean into the silly.

Great slate today with the Jumbo Shrimp, Trash Pandas (top tier MiLB logo), Grasshoppers and Green Jackets

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think the Sox affiliate branding is pretty great, but when a minor league team decides to in the opposite direction it needs to really lean into the silly.

Great slate today with the Jumbo Shrimp, Trash Pandas (top tier MiLB logo), Grasshoppers and Green Jackets

Knights are the worst. Barons is classic. Cannonballers is a fantastic hat. Dash I could take it or leave it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

Knights are the worst. Barons is classic. Cannonballers is a fantastic hat. Dash I could take it or leave it.

I think the current Knights work specifically for Charlotte, but there is part of me that wishes they'd instead go with some form of their Caballeros jerseys full time. Makes no sense for a team in Charlotte, but it's amazing.

The Dash I have a soft spot for because it's a punny name.

Looks like Tanner McDougal is gonna be on the bump for WS.  There should be a video feed tonight.  Definitely will be watching that one to see how he looks this year 

Greensboro has a good looking team with some good prospects, led by top 100 prospect Termarr Johnson, so it should be a battle 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Doesn't look like much, but last year that would have been a weak pop to the shortstop or left fielder.  It actually makes me a little optimistic.

"line drive" in the box score but hey making contact is better than not making it especially opposite way.

1 hour ago, Jake said:

You build your batting average on balls hit like that, nothing wrong with it. It's the other at bats I'm worried about

Yea as I said never gonna be made at a guy dumping a ball into the outfield the opposite way. Wasn't the best contact but as you noted that is how over the course of a season you hit 280 instead of 250. Gotta be able to inside out some balls.