Guess Trade Values of Sox Starters

Is Skubal gonna be traded? if so, that would definitely lower the return for Crochet as Skubal isn't on an innings limit.  Both are UFA in 2027

Crochet is performing better so far, but I think Skubal will overtake him in WAR as he piles up the innings

Edited by joejoesox

17 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Is Skubal gonna be traded? if so, that would definitely lower the return for Crochet as Skubal isn't on an innings limit.  Both are UFA in 2027

Crochet is performing better so far, but I think Skubal will overtake him in WAR as he piles up the innings

Skubal is worth more than crochet (longer track record; no endurance concerns).  That’s going to be true, whether or not the Tigers want to trade him.  With Skubal on the market, there were still only two aces on the market and multiple teams in search of one.  Having 2 teams squawking about the proper value for an ace might actually help set the market.

Edited by GreenSox

• 2 weeks later...

I originally thought Fedde would return a 45/50 FV + flier. I think most would have been happy about that and some even questioned he’d return that much.

It’s difficult to separate his exact return in the 3 team trade but it appears he essentially returned a 45 FV prospect + Vargas (who is likely equivalent to a 45/50 FV prospect at this point). Pretty good guess back in April and certainly more than most expected at that time.