Guess Trade Values of Sox Starters

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

They definitely have trade value.  The problem is that the old strategy of tanking and selling off good players is no longer as strong as it once was.  The changes to the draft have weakened tanking and teams are no longer willing to give up their top prospects for the top trade deadline targets.  Chances are pretty high that the prospects we get back for Crochet and Fedde aren’t ever even as good as them.

They don’t have to be as good as them for it to be a winning trade for the Sox

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I doubt they would even offer Beavers straight up for Fedde.  The trade will likely be with another team than the Orioles.

Yea the Orioles have been really tight assed with their prospects. Who knows if that changes with their current state of play coupled with a new owner with looser purse strings.

Their GM is one of those guys where you hate him if you’re on the other side of the table but love him as a fan.

I have Oriole Envy.

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Yea the Orioles have been really tight assed with their prospects. Who knows if that changes with their current state of play coupled with a new owner with looser purse strings.

Their GM is one of those guys where you hate him if you’re on the other side of the table but love him as a fan.

I have Oriole Envy.

He makes Getz look like a baby GM.

cute-blond-child-business-suit-600nw-131

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2024 at 10:43 AM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Looks like Bradish is done for awhile. Could my early April prophecy of Fedde to the Orioles come to fruition?

Fedde and Banks for Kjerstad.

Also Mookie Betts broke his hand maybe we can trade DeJong to LAD. 

18 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Fedde and Banks for Kjerstad.

Also Mookie Betts broke his hand maybe we can trade DeJong to LAD. 

Was thinking this second part as well.  Betts’ backup (Miguel Rojas) is pretty good but maybe they would prefer to keep him in a utility role.

• Haha 2

On 6/16/2024 at 9:58 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

Was thinking this second part as well.  Betts’ backup (Miguel Rojas) is pretty good but maybe they would prefer to keep him in a utility role.

The dodger are all in. I think they'll want someone better than that

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Crochet up to 3.8 bWAR and 3.2 fWAR. He ranks #2 in MLB for both. Very curious to see what the rumored trade offers are next month.

I don't think they can wait a month.  They have him on a pitch count so he's winding down. If they don't sign him to an extension which seems unlikely they have to move him soon.  The clock is ticking. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 2:21 PM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

They don’t have to be as good as them for it to be a winning trade for the Sox

That doesn't make sense except for the fact JR won't pay to extend Crochet or pay Robert and his .198 BA. ... BTW what GM is gonna trade for Crochet IF his innings are to be limited the rest of the way? Contending teams are worried about NOW not trading for Crochet cause he'll be good next year. If he can't pitch much more why tease a fan base acquiring a guy who is unable to take the mound in September/October. Teams aren't going to buy into that B.S.

Royals are high on Leasure allegedly and always need an outfielder. How bout Leasure and Beni for Massey and some prospect? Then DFA Lopez or ship him to a contender that needs a veteran presence once a week?

Edited by greg775

More MLBTR chat:

https://live.jotcast.com/chat/chat-with-mlbtrs-steve-adams-6-25-24-18681.html

Pedro Grifol
1:42
If Mike Clevinger comes back, makes 6-7 starts for the White Sox, is there even a market for him? Or would teams just rather look elsewhere for pitching?

Steve Adams
1:43
I'm sure there are teams that would just prefer to look elsewhere, but he's cheap enough and supply is short enough that I think someone would make a deal for him if he looked even decent. The prospect cost isn't going to be high.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Royals are high on Leasure allegedly and always need an outfielder. How bout Leasure and Beni for Massey and some prospect? Then DFA Lopez or ship him to a contender that needs a veteran presence once a week?

Why would the Royals take on Benintendi? He's untradeable with 3 full years left on his deal. Trading Leasure right now is selling low. The only way they bite is, like, Benintendi, Leasure, and a lot of money for Marcus Nobody, 37-y-o utility infielder in rookie ball. 

• Like 1

Couple weeks ago, I was all about trading Crochet.

Then we got 3 wins and went 14 innings to lose a sweep and it WASN"T the bullpens fault.

The Sox do one thing pretty good - pitching.  We can't develop SH** below to be impact; even if we draft or trade high (Moncada).  Everything we touch for position is SH** since Frank and Mags (who was an armature FA).

So, if we can't teach kids to hit when they come up, why not just focus on what we ARE good at and draft/develop pitching?  

Trade for the Dyes, and the Korkeros, and the Thomes, and everything else that scores?  Stop denying what we are???  

Right??

We're not the Braves or Orioles or Mariers.  We are 100% COMPLETLY INCAPABLE OR TEACHING KIDS HOW TO HIT upstairs.

But we churn out pitching....

• Like 1