Guess Trade Values of Sox Starters

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Agreed. The minors appear to be flush with arms. Always need more and can never have enough but the Sox have to be top 7 for minor league pitching depth right now. The positional player depth is a different discussion altogether and that’s why I’m hoping they focus on bats in the July draft, especially if they go with pitching again at #5.

Not only that, but their top 3 position prospects in Montgomery/Quero/Ramos are flirting with Mendoza.....in the minors. 

Montgomery has a .392 SLG. In Charlotte. 

Quero has a .377 SLG in Birmingham

Ramos had a .323 SLG in the minors and a .239 SLG in the majors

All of them are barely hitting over .200. So it's not like they're getting tons of XBH. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

44 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

IMG-0853.jpg

Ok you got me! They don’t give the exact number typically but they do state whether the pitcher has a limitation. Have the Sox limited Garrett this season or hinted at a future limitation as you continue to state is so obvious?

32 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Not only that, but their top 3 position prospects in Montgomery/Quero/Ramos are flirting with Mendoza.....in the minors. 

Montgomery has a .392 SLG. In Charlotte. 

Quero has a .377 SLG in Birmingham

Ramos had a .323 SLG in the minors and a .239 SLG in the majors

All of them are barely hitting over .200. So it's not like they're getting tons of XBH. 

True but on the flip side Gonzalez has an .806 OPS, Wolkow is at 1.145, and Baldwin is hitting .363! So there are some positives.

Just now, Johno said:

If the Sox were to trade Fedde or Kopeck in the next few days, can they ask for more talent being these players would be on their new team longer?

They can ask. Would you give up more for a month or two?

3 minutes ago, Johno said:

If the Sox were to trade Fedde or Kopeck in the next few days, can they ask for more talent being these players would be on their new team longer?

If they wanted Fedde or Kopech sooner, they wouldn't really be paying a premium for an extra 6 weeks of production, as much as paying the premium to get the Sox to not wait for the market to develop. 

• Hawk 1

8 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think Schultz absolutely pitches in Chicago in 2025. 

I’m sure you’re right, especially since he’s already at AA.  I just don’t like calling him up next year (at least early) if he still needs to build up innings.  This team ain’t competing in 2025 and he’s still young enough to spend another season in the minors.  I obviously won’t be mad if I get to watch him pitch in the majors.

7 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It doesn’t give an exact number of innings for the limitation within the article but the GM and manager as well as Buehler himself acknowledge that they delayed the start to his season in order to reduce innings and workload. So yea, clearly they are limiting his usage.

Did the Sox do that with Crochet? Where is it even mentioned that they have a plan for him to make anything less than 30 starts this season if he stays healthy? He leads the team in innings pitched. I don’t see any restrictions thru the first two months of the season.

I don’t know if you’re just trolling or what but one situation there is a clear limitation on the player’s workload that his season as stated by the player and staff as well as the team’s approach to the start of the season with said player whereas the other there certainly doesn’t seem to be one. 

Let’s be clear here.  The Dodgers are a world class organization and the Sox are not.  Just because the Sox may be handling Crochet a certain way doesn’t mean it’s right.  I personally think Crochet should be handled more similar to Schultz (not as conservative though), but I’m obviously no pitching expert.  I just know muscles need be conditioned over time for massive changes in usage and pretending that isn’t case will lead to disastrous outcomes 9 times out of 10.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s be clear here.  The Dodgers are a world class organization and the Sox are not.  Just because the Sox may be handling Crochet a certain way doesn’t mean it’s right.  I personally think Crochet should be handled more similar to Schultz (not as conservative though), but I’m obviously no pitching expert.  I just know muscles need be conditioned over time for massive changes in usage and pretending that isn’t case will lead to disastrous outcomes 9 times out of 10.

Just like Rodon second half of 2021.

They knew they weren't even going to the QO.

Here he's team property into the future and needs to be protected.

Arguably the second or third most important cuurent asset after Robert and Montgomery.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

As they should be.  At least Getz has a clue here.

had no idea that Crochet is an UFA after 2026, if someone is offering you a nice return right now, take that s%*# and run

Crochet already up to 2.7 bWAR, 2.3 fWAR. Approaching Cease 2023 WAR levels and we’re only a week into June! With 2.5 seasons of super cheap control remaining, some might argue his trade value isn’t much less than Cease’s trade value last offseason. Really curious to see how his market shapes up as we near the trade deadline next month.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Garrett up to 3.1 bWAR and 2.6 fWAR (#3 in mlb for pitchers). Perhaps I underestimated the trade value of Crochet and Fedde back in April within my original post even though @WhiteSox2023 only thinks I overvalue the trade value of Sox players.

They definitely have trade value.  The problem is that the old strategy of tanking and selling off good players is no longer as strong as it once was.  The changes to the draft have weakened tanking and teams are no longer willing to give up their top prospects for the top trade deadline targets.  Chances are pretty high that the prospects we get back for Crochet and Fedde aren’t ever even as good as them.